Straight cut in MK9 barrel lug [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Straight cut in MK9 barrel lug

jer9vs2324
04-11-2010, 18:44
My Kahr MK9 barrel lug that receives the spring/guide rod assembly doesn't have a curved profile to receive the matching curved end of the guide rod. Could that be an issue? See attachment.

My original barrel had a curved cut in the lug. This is a replacement from Kahr.

ripley16
04-12-2010, 04:57
I don't think any of my barrels have a circular notch. They are all the same as your picture. I've wonder a time or two whether a notch wouldn't help in reassembling and alignment though.

The Wire Source
04-12-2010, 13:50
What was wrong with the original barrel to get a replacement?

jer9vs2324
04-12-2010, 19:58
What was wrong with the original barrel to get a replacement?

Slide was cracked so they replaced the slide/barrel assembly

wagonm
04-12-2010, 22:16
Perfectly normal, either Kahr does not have QA, or they do not have a standard.. the original barrel came with my Sept 2009 PM9 has a straight cut, the 1st replacement barrel has a circular cut, the 2nd replacement barrel has a straight cut. Evidently, straight or circular... doesn't matter, either is "normal"

"PERFECTLY normal" in the case of Kahr, just keep on shooting it as long as it is not giving you grief.

My Kahr MK9 barrel lug that receives the spring/guide rod assembly doesn't have a curved profile to receive the matching curved end of the guide rod. Could that be an issue? See attachment.

My original barrel had a curved cut in the lug. This is a replacement from Kahr.