New PM9 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New PM9

Halojumper
04-11-2010, 22:18
A while ago, I posted that I had ordered a new PM9. It came in yesterday, and I was finally able to get down and break it in tonight. So far, I really like it. It is much easier to shoot than I expected. I had a PM40 and I still have an MK40 and the 40 in that size of package is a handful. It was reliable, accurate and fun to shoot. It will now go into my CCW rotation. Well, it's not exactly a rotation, but rather different guns for different situations.

Martlee3
04-12-2010, 04:09
Sure like my PM9 also. Accurate for such a small package. I bought mine in Aurora at Dave's Guns. Somewhere around Parker Road and Iliff if I remember right. About six or seven years ago. Not sure if they are still in business or not.

Halojumper
04-12-2010, 07:52
No, unfortunately Dave's is gone. They closed a couple of years ago. That was too bad too because were also a Glock LE distributor. Now I have to go all the way to Neeves in North Denver. As a matter of fact, I got my PM9 there under the LE/Military discount. Are you still in Aurora? It was a great day to he out on the bike yesterday.

ETA: I see you're in Englewood. That's not too far.

user
04-13-2010, 05:39
.... It will now go into my CCW rotation. Well, it's not exactly a rotation, but rather different guns for different situations.

I like the "niche" approach, too. What gun I haul around with me depends on the situation I'll be in and clothing. I call the PM9 my "party gun", since it works great in an IWB holster with a narrow belt when I'm wearing a suit. My son calls it my "James Bond gun". Works great in a pocket holster, too.

Although it's incredibly accurate for a semiautomatic, I can't control the itty bitty thing well enough to be accurate with it off-hand at more than about ten yards, so it's not my favorite for routine use. But it's perfect for times when real concealment is a good idea.

Halojumper
04-13-2010, 07:35
I like the "niche" approach, too. What gun I haul around with me depends on the situation I'll be in and clothing. I call the PM9 my "party gun", since it works great in an IWB holster with a narrow belt when I'm wearing a suit. My son calls it my "James Bond gun". Works great in a pocket holster, too.

Although it's incredibly accurate for a semiautomatic, I can't control the itty bitty thing well enough to be accurate with it off-hand at more than about ten yards, so it's not my favorite for routine use. But it's perfect for times when real concealment is a good idea.

I was actually pleasantly surprised at how well I was able to shoot with it and what a soft shooter it is. I've had the 40 mini Kahrs and they were/are a handful. In fact, I have an MK40 that will probably go on the sale board now.