Target and Range Practice [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Target and Range Practice

pzlehr
04-12-2010, 14:07
Hi,
Not really sure if this is the right forum but it is a range question that competitors should know about. I shoot at home where there are hills I use as backdrops. I want to shoot at a little longer range and at a spot that is actually really nice. Anyway my question is: Can you shoot accurately when shooting down hill? The hill bottom to top is 50yds long and is about a 30 degree angle. If you sight in your gun shooting down hill, will it shoot the same on level ground at the same range? This is for pistols or rifles. Thanks in advance!!

Chuck

keninnavarre
04-12-2010, 14:37
Hi,
Not really sure if this is the right forum but it is a range question that competitors should know about. I shoot at home where there are hills I use as backdrops. I want to shoot at a little longer range and at a spot that is actually really nice. Anyway my question is: Can you shoot accurately when shooting down hill? The hill bottom to top is 50yds long and is about a 30 degree angle. If you sight in your gun shooting down hill, will it shoot the same on level ground at the same range? This is for pistols or rifles. Thanks in advance!!

Chuck

Heres a pretty good explaination in this link. I gather you are talking about 50 yards maximum, right? I dont think there would be a noticable difference at 50 yards.

Link...http://www.exteriorballistics.com/ebexplained/5th/33.cfm

Duck of Death
04-12-2010, 15:18
*QUOTE*
I dont think there would be a noticable difference at 50 yards.

I agree.