Time to invest a little [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Time to invest a little

750SpiritRdr
04-13-2010, 10:13
Looks like i'm going to get into reloading...just for my 9mm at this time but i'll start doing it for the .45 later. i have about 1500 9mm and 600 .45 once shot brass I have kept.
Been reloading 20 and 12ga for years, but this is all new to me. Going to look for a good book on pistol reloading and checking out presses.
Would like to hear some advice.

IndyGunFreak
04-13-2010, 10:46
Looks like i'm going to get into reloading...just for my 9mm at this time but i'll start doing it for the .45 later. i have about 1500 9mm and 600 .45 once shot brass I have kept.
Been reloading 20 and 12ga for years, but this is all new to me. Going to look for a good book on pistol reloading and checking out presses.
Would like to hear some advice.

Read C4W's sticky... he did a pretty thorough job of breaking quite a few things down in that post, any questions after that, post em.. :)

IGF

Grux
04-13-2010, 10:49
I'm new to this, and currently I am reading ABC's of Reloading, and Lee Modern Reloading 2nd Edition. Along with any information gather online.

I will be ordering the Lee Classic Turret Kit from Kempf Gun Shop (https://kempfgunshop.com//index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=630&category_id=190&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=41)

Like you, I will only be doing 9mm for now.

XDRoX
04-13-2010, 10:57
I'm new to this, and currently I am reading ABC's of Reloading, and Lee Modern Reloading 2nd Edition. Along with any information gather online.

I will be ordering the Lee Classic Turret Kit from Kempf Gun Shop (https://kempfgunshop.com//index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=630&category_id=190&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=41)

Like you, I will only be doing 9mm for now.

Good choice.

750SpiritRdr
04-13-2010, 11:16
Read C4W's sticky... he did a pretty thorough job of breaking quite a few things down in that post, any questions after that, post em.. :)

IGF
Well, that was a good read. Now i just have to figure out what will be best for me. Thanks for the info.

DWARREN123
04-13-2010, 12:26
For me it turned out to be the Lee Anniversary Kit. I only do 40 S&W now and it allows me to inspect each step which I think is important for the 40 caliber.
It has become a enjoyable hobby in and of itself and allows me to make good ammo for my firearms and to save money (sort of). I actually spend a little more money but shoot a whole lot more.

fredj338
04-13-2010, 12:59
Well, that was a good read. Now i just have to figure out what will be best for me. Thanks for the info.
It always comes down to time vs money. Most reloaders buy more press than they need. At 200rds a week, a ss press works fine. Upto 400rds a week, the LCT works fine. More than that, you probably need a progressive, unless you have a lot of time on your hands. A ss press is the most versatile, auto indexing progressive the highest volumn. Faster/higher volumn, higher the cost.:dunno: