Cw9 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cw9

glockess56
04-13-2010, 10:30
I hear about PM9s/40s and P9s/40s and some Ks. What can you tell me about a Kahr CW9?

BigBearCarolina
04-13-2010, 13:24
I can tell you about the one I have. I have about 800 rds thru my CW9, and have yet to have a single problem with it. I ran only FMJ thru it for the first 200 rd break-in period, and have since found it to have no problem with several different HP defense rounds as far as feeding , firing, or ejecting. It is compact, very easy to carry, but the grip frame is just large enough to allow me a comfortable 3-finger hold on the weapon. The recoil spring is stiff when new, and I followed the suggestion in the manual to use the slide stop when chambering a round during the break-in period. I have since found at the range, I have had no troubles racking the slide to chamber with good technique. Break down and re-assembly is easy, and it is more than accurate enough for defensive purposes at defensive distances. (10-15 yds). I carry it often, and am as confident as you can be of a mechanical device that it will be reliable if needed. The grip checkering can be a little irritating during extended range sessions, but I added a slip-on Kwikgrip sleeve, and it is very comfortable to shoot.

greenjeans
04-14-2010, 20:13
May be the best value in a Kahr out there. Mine has been great and I carry it a lot. Feeds anything.

scwine
04-14-2010, 22:43
^^^^Exactly what the 2 previous posted said.

JohnJak
04-16-2010, 05:25
Buy it.

wingsprint
04-16-2010, 05:35
May be the best value in a Kahr out there. Mine has been great and I carry it a lot. Feeds anything.

Agree!

glockess56
04-16-2010, 13:49
I did buy this Kahr at a great price used. It was great, because Kahr's are usually a little expensive. I shot it and it is accurate and feels great to shoot. Now, I need a holster for the little thing, and I'm thinking of an IWB one. I've never had an IWB before, but the concept sounds great. Thanks for all the imput from Glocktalk, I great appreciete it.