Whats the differance between an 870 express and wingmaster. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Whats the differance between an 870 express and wingmaster.

conpro
04-13-2010, 18:00
Whats the difference between an 870 express and wingmaster besides the finish. Is one better than the other.

boozer
04-13-2010, 19:20
I haven't looked at them, but yes the finish is the biggest difference. Real solid wood instead of laminate, polished and blued reciever and barrel. More labor to polish and blue, more cost for walnut stock.

The finish on my Express leaves a lot to be desired, but I liked the price. Another example of you get what you pay for.

GAFinch
04-13-2010, 19:41
I didn't realize the Express is laminated. That explains why they always look so bad when I see them on display at a store.

boozer
04-13-2010, 20:11
870 Express description from their site.

" Appropriately dressed for the hunt and not for the wall, each shotgun sports non-reflective black matte metalwork and a no-frills laminate stock and fore-end."

Wing Master:
"Available in 12 gauge 2 3/4" and 3", 20 and 28 gauge, and .410 bore, it has a custom-quality finish and handsome American walnut woodwork. The receiver and barrel are richly blued and highly polished for classic appeal."

I looked through the parts list and didn't see any different internal parts for Express vs Wingmaster. It is a long list, I might have missed something.

Roadking07, have you considered the Marine Magnum. Thats what I really wanted, just couldn't justify the price. Looks awesome.

aippi
04-13-2010, 20:50
There is only one 870 and they differ only by finish, furniture and a couple small parts.

Batesmotel
04-15-2010, 12:50
I didn't realize the Express is laminated. That explains why they always look so bad when I see them on display at a store.

Older ones were birch but now they are laminated.