2nd Gen 19 help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Gen 19 help

striker777
04-13-2010, 21:39
I have a 2nd gen 19 internal parts are black connector etc.. and it has a polygon proof mark on the barrel serial #SY*** and came up Dec 90 just wondering why the my 3rd gen guns have no proof mark

Thanks.

sgtlmj
08-03-2010, 09:12
The polygon isn't a proof mark, it just declares that the bore is polygonally rifled.

legion3
08-03-2010, 16:31
If you are referring to the Austrian Eagle and Nitro Proofs, at some point during the 2 letter runs during 1990 Glock no longer proofed the guns in Austria as Georgia had "come on line" for more tasks. Substituing the little Glock symbol on the slide and removing any marks on the frame. As I understand it only Glocks for the US market are so marked.

Early on Glock in Georgia was little more than an address and warehouse facility.

I have a KK###US which has both set of proofs.
I saw MM###US which did not.

Also as an aside, the real early Glocks had the Eagle/Nitro proofs on the slide directly over the eagle/proof mark on the frame. My G19 DS###US has that as do all my first generations. At some point they moved the marks on the slide to from in front of the ejection port to behind it where the current marks still reside.