Perfect Standard Div pistol [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Standard Div pistol

jimbullet
04-16-2010, 04:00
Everyone would have their own views of what is a perfect pistol for standard division. Each one's preference may be based on features of the firearm or even due to popularity and experience.

I am interested to know your view of what is the perfect standard pistol and what makes it the best of the best in your opinion.

Allegra
04-16-2010, 04:14
yan ang gusto ko! usapang gastos! hehe

40cal hicap , slim frame , standard barrel , stainless guide rod , no sharp edges w/c bugs me.
Re: brand , bahala na gunsmith ko kahit ano, basta it fits my hand well , doesnt jam w/ light front end i'm gtg
Like mga dating std pisatols ko , no finish, as ugly as possible
Para akala ng kalaban bugbog sya sa practice

atmarcella
04-16-2010, 04:24
go to svi.com, they have this new stainless steel frame coupled with their AET barrel w/ the frontsight attached to the barrel itself, one word... wow!

magkano kaya yun? cguro wow din. tapos bigla nalang sumali si pareng dave at tinalo lahat sa standard ng 35 nya costing 1/10 the price of your svi.

di bale na. robot naman yun. hehehehe.

Allegra
04-16-2010, 04:39
standard , pagandahan ng baril , bawal ang generic factory gun
Production div ang marginalized sector of ipsc society yan
Pwede nga magtayo nang sariling partylist mga prod shooters

jojo_G19
04-16-2010, 07:52
a perfect standard div gun for me is one that does not jam, hits its target all the time, and shoots fast.

para hindi ko na kailangang mag practice, the gun does it for me. hehehhehe

jojo

jimbullet
04-16-2010, 13:22
a perfect standard div gun for me is one that does not jam, hits its target all the time, and shoots fast.

para hindi ko na kailangang mag practice, the gun does it for me. hehehhehe

jojo

Sounds like we'll also need smart munitions here...:-)

Seems like this division continues to be dominated by 1911/2011 hi cap pistols, which appears to be a preferred set up, with exception to robot Dave using his g35.

So its got to be the STI, SVI, SPS , the Bul m5 or something similar

ans3288
04-16-2010, 16:10
hwag lang po bull m5 na polymer frame, i have a co-gun club member that used the bull m5 polymer and 10+k round around, shows crack on where the rail and the plastic meet. :) he eventually sold it and moved to a paraord setup.

Putok-Glock
04-16-2010, 17:06
standard , pagandahan ng baril , bawal ang generic factory gun
Production div ang marginalized sector of ipsc society yan
Pwede nga magtayo nang sariling partylist mga prod shooters

naku! hindi pala pwede dito std gun ko dahil generic lang at pang marginalized sector pala yun.:embarassed:

sayang, PERFECT pa naman yun!:cool:

Putok-Glock
04-16-2010, 17:39
Sounds like we'll also need smart munitions here...:-)

Seems like this division continues to be dominated by 1911/2011 hi cap pistols, which appears to be a preferred set up, with exception to robot Dave using his g35.

iirc, dave dominates the us prod div w/ a g17. while he is tops in std w/ a g35, he is also tops in 1911 as he won and beat TGO and co. in uspsa nats SS div, but TGO beat him in prod w/ an XD in that match...dunno, maybe my ageing brain is scrambled today...

jimbullet
04-16-2010, 17:45
Allegra and Putok-Glock,

Out of curiousity ano ba ang set up ninyo? what base gun (frame) was used (i.e. Para)?

I heard that there is a local copy of the STI, but unsure whether price is significantly cheaper compared to the real mcCoy.

Eye Cutter
04-16-2010, 18:08
a perfect standard gun is one that's like the energizer bunny. shoot lang ng shoot without hiccups kahit anong brand pa man din yan!

but there is a perfect shooter! walang tatalo talaga sa practice and talent. kahit ano ibigay mo na pistol set-up, basta reliable yung pistol and ammo, ha? sigurado he'll kick your behind anytime all the time.

batangueno
04-16-2010, 23:14
San ba nakakabili ng talent? :supergrin:

Putok-Glock
04-17-2010, 00:46
Allegra and Putok-Glock,

Out of curiousity ano ba ang set up ninyo? what base gun (frame) was used (i.e. Para)?

:embarassed:glock 35 po sa ngayon

mtho
04-17-2010, 01:27
armscor frame is not a bad start for a base gun. yun lang nga if you think about the resale value dun ka lang matatalo. after spending so much on the gunsmithing it'll still be labeled as armscor which is quite available so mababa yung resale, otherwise its all good.

saki1611
04-17-2010, 03:34
Allegra and Putok-Glock,

I heard that there is a local copy of the STI, but unsure whether price is significantly cheaper compared to the real mcCoy.

if it's cheaper than Mco, cheap nga yun!:rofl:

i'm falling for my Glock 35! love it...

mc_oliver
04-17-2010, 03:58
Tanong mo kay gundog. Marami syang alam dyan sa presyo ng mga talents:tongueout::rofl:...

mc_oliver
04-17-2010, 03:59

HEH! :tongueout:

Ako basta gumagana, first. Super pogi, second, with matching colors sa holster, pouches, sapatos at boxers.... :rofl:

Wp.22
04-17-2010, 04:05
Tanong mo kay gundog. Marami syang alam dyan sa presyo ng mga talents:tongueout::rofl:...

Manager ba si gundog or talent scout

edtf
04-17-2010, 05:45

same place kung saan ka puwede bumili ng tuhod para sa biking :rofl:

ahtsay
04-17-2010, 09:00
:embarassed:glock 35 po sa ngayon

Putok Glock beats my STi Edge with his G35 everytime :supergrin:
But I still love my STi hehehe!!

i_am_infinity
04-17-2010, 09:12
Tanfoglio std dun...i'd like to shoot that...but i still won't replace my baby :D

Putok-Glock
04-17-2010, 17:04
Putok Glock beats my STi Edge with his G35 everytime :supergrin:

Hindi naman siguro sir... baka chamba-chamba lang yun :dunno:

isuzu
04-17-2010, 21:28
hwag lang po bull m5 na polymer frame, i have a co-gun club member that used the bull m5 polymer and 10+k round around, shows crack on where the rail and the plastic meet. :) he eventually sold it and moved to a paraord setup.

Did he modify the gun (changed springs, etc)?

ans3288
04-18-2010, 03:59
i dont think so, unsure po ako sa spring weight, but i saw the crack on the frame personally

Did he modify the gun (changed springs, etc)?

st. matthew
04-18-2010, 05:21
Everyone would have their own views of what is a perfect pistol for standard division. Each one's preference may be based on features of the firearm or even due to popularity and experience.

I am interested to know your view of what is the perfect standard pistol and what makes it the best of the best in your opinion.

for me the gun should
1. be reliable
2. fit well in my hands
3. at least hold 18 bullets and fit in the box
4. last forever :supergrin:

jasonub
04-18-2010, 05:47
svi infinity for me.

Allegra
04-18-2010, 09:43
Allegra and Putok-Glock,

2001 pa ako huli pumutok ng std :) if I remember right it was a para/caspian base gun. Couldnt remeber the parts but i'm sure it was cheap or it was on sale
I'm really not particular about the brand , basta slim yung grip, the gun sits low, at magaan front end, tapos .90 yung FS. I dont like fiber optics
Oh yeah, it could shoot up to 2000 rnds walang jam kahit walang linis
I remeber it well kasi sumabog sya

mtho
04-18-2010, 11:53

oy di cheap yung baril ni mco ah. compute mo kaya yung nagastos nya para malaman mo kung magkano inabot.:tongueout:

mtho
04-18-2010, 11:55
HEH! :tongueout:

Ako basta gumagana, first. Super pogi, second, with matching colors sa holster, pouches, sapatos at boxers.... :rofl:

if you could just lose the dremel and file i think number 1 wont be a problem, and number 2 is well in the genes diba dante?:rofl:

bulm540
04-18-2010, 18:42
S_I for me. I had about 20 K through my bul m5 with no problems at all. I had since switch to an S_I.

bulm540
04-18-2010, 18:46
iirc, dave dominates the us prod div w/ a g17. while he is tops in std w/ a g35, he is also tops in 1911 as he won and beat TGO and co. in uspsa nats SS div, but TGO beat him in prod w/ an XD in that match...dunno, maybe my ageing brain is scrambled today...

Dave sevigny shoots a glock 34 in USPSA. SS natls is a different match in itself.. TGO did beat Dave S one time using an XD in the USPSA natls a couple of years ago.

bulm540
04-18-2010, 18:49

You mean the steel insert? I had 20 K though my BUL m5 with no problems at all.

Putok-Glock
04-18-2010, 19:40
any pistol platform thats:

- 99.9% reliable
- as accurate as the shooter
- affordable to the shooter
- easy to maintain and durable, can be shot a lot w/ least breakdown, at least 10t rounds of maj pf (or minor if 9mm) before a major parts break down
- practiced a lot w/ it
- fits the box
- parts and accs widely available

just my .02

Allegra
04-19-2010, 23:11
if we can take malfunctions out of the istorya
how about a standard gun na sobrang ganda , mapapahanga ibang standard shooters?
meron bang std gun sa sobrang ganda , pasok ka agad sa top 10 sa level 3?
kahit std gun na madali itama sa bakal?
std gun na tataas percentage points mo kahit konting konti?

ans3288
04-20-2010, 01:04
when u mean steel insert, kung san nagmemeet ang plastic at bakal and eventually where the slide makes contact with the frame? yes dun nagkaroon ng hairline crack :)

You mean the steel insert? I had 20 K though my BUL m5 with no problems at all.

mtho
04-20-2010, 02:38
si doc alvin me experience din sa bul

Eye Cutter
04-20-2010, 06:01
yep, nasira naman yung plastic na nag hold ng mag release.

bulm540
04-20-2010, 20:31
when u mean steel insert, kung san nagmemeet ang plastic at bakal and eventually where the slide makes contact with the frame? yes dun nagkaroon ng hairline crack :)

The steel insert is where the rail is.

atmarcella
04-21-2010, 02:01
diba ang standard gun ang pinka best for SD? kasi nga major sya, i mean a double tap from a major load is gonna hurt more then from a minor load diba?

anyone here use their std gun for SD also?

batangueno
04-21-2010, 20:00
I wouldn't use my Standard gun for SD kasi masyadong light yung trigger pull, less than 2lbs yata. Wala din night sights which i think is very important for a self defense gun.

Allegra
04-21-2010, 20:17
pagmay naghamon ng draw

mtho
04-21-2010, 20:31
me open si paul na pwedeng idraw kaagad

atmarcella
04-22-2010, 01:30
agree with the sight aspect, thats why i ditched my dawson fiber optic sight and opted for the sevigny night sight set. carry sight din sya so pwede ko din ma carry, kaso nag pi-print ang magwell, i couldnt ditched that cos its made of brass and i like the weight it adds to the gun. solution is to wear a bigger shirt hehe.

atmarcella
04-22-2010, 01:32
pwedeng idraw kaagad

di pwede. kailangan nya pa pa andarin ang c-more hehehehe. joke.

mc_oliver
04-22-2010, 08:14
if you could just lose the dremel and file i think number 1 wont be a problem, and number 2 is well in the genes diba dante?:rofl:
Isama mo na dyan yung tumatama kahit nakapikit ka. At kahit anong ikot mo di ka na d-DQ. :tongueout::supergrin:

pogi
04-23-2010, 01:35
Isama mo na dyan yung tumatama kahit nakapikit ka. At kahit anong ikot mo di ka na d-DQ. :tongueout::supergrin:

May kilala ako, sa sobrang "kayabangan...nagpasiklab".
Pumutok ng nakapikit...AYUN na-DQ! Sa kakapikit-break 180 na pala UNGAS!

pogi
04-23-2010, 01:55
Perfect Standard Div. Pistol?

1. I had this before:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g142/jdamor/P1050173.jpg
Caspian slide
STI frame
TOP of the LINE PARTS (in to out)
Fitting: Perfect with very light front end.
Trigger pull: 1.2 lbs.
Hammer drop: 15lbs.
Ran 4 x 18 rounds SPS mags thru it NON-STOP ON A "DOUBLE TAP TEMPO". Ang pahinga lang ay 1.2 seconds para sa mag change...PERFECT! NO JAM!

HITS: DON'T ASK. It was Dante. Always first shot in-second shot wild!

2. Have this unit be used by Jag:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g142/jdamor/PISTUL.jpg

I WILL BET MY BALLS, HE WILL BEAT ME IN ALL FACTORS & FIELDS

3. Third scenario is:
Let JAG use this:
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g142/jdamor/P1050173.jpg

WILL IT BE A PERFECT STANDARD PISTOL?

atmarcella
04-23-2010, 03:25
yung front end parang me bibig. instead of taking material off the frame b'at hindi nalang pina build up sa smith ang front end ng slide? curious lang ako hehe.

Allegra
04-23-2010, 04:46
yung front end parang me bibig. instead of taking material off the frame b'at hindi nalang pina build up sa smith ang front end ng slide? curious lang ako hehe.

less mass sa slide the less force that slams backward or something like that :)
Nakalimutan ko na

mc_oliver
04-23-2010, 06:59
May kilala ako, sa sobrang "kayabangan...nagpasiklab".
Pumutok ng nakapikit...AYUN na-DQ! Sa kakapikit-break 180 na pala UNGAS!
Kilala ba namin yan 'Lo? :rofl:

Eye Cutter
04-23-2010, 08:22
meron ako kilala... 2x na DQ sa Level 3 na match! Can anybody beat that???

Allegra
04-23-2010, 12:45

Tie lang , I cant beat it hehe

Eye Cutter
04-23-2010, 18:46
fafa A: hindi... 2x na DQ sa isang Level 3 Match! hahaha!

1st stage pa lang na dq na! Not even a single shot fired, bokya na! alam natin na bawal magpa-shoot na pag dq pero naawa yung match director so pinayagan to shoot for no-score.

ayun DQ ulet!

Allegra
04-23-2010, 19:25
Ouch! :)

pogi
04-23-2010, 20:27

AYAW Andrew! First option yun pero I wanted to be different.
Gusto ko parang SHARK na handang kagatin mga "bebot" sa wet-p_!

Anyway, sold na siya for P170T. And new owner has NO problem at all in all matches he had joined.

pogi
04-23-2010, 20:33

NYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Yan yung taong UNGAS na NGONGO pa!
Iharap mo sa'kin yan...KAKALBUHIN KO YAN SA PAMAMAGITAN NG MAG-SIYOTANG BADING NA PAGPITIK SA BUMBUNAN . Aba eh, puputok ng wala sa loob pagputok.

...Doc, pag ibinulgar mo kung sino yan...IIHIAN ko Trooper mo!

adenine
04-24-2010, 15:43
hello jim! looks like you're planning sometin.... balitaan moko ha!

jimbullet
04-24-2010, 16:20
hello jim! looks like you're planning sometin.... balitaan moko ha!

Plan to get a pistol for standard Div, taking into consideration what is the best platform, what features it should have and what possible choices are out there.

Of course nothing will replace training and shooter practice but assuming all factors being equal with the exception of the pistol, I am keen to find that perfect standard div pistol of today and own it...

atmarcella
04-24-2010, 23:37
jim,

whats the guns purpose for existing? street and strip? or strip only? hehehe thats just drag racing lingo for everyday driver or race only?

kung race only, an all metal svi is hard to beat. w/ a tungsten schuemann island barrel etc etc.

jimbullet
04-25-2010, 02:27
jim,

whats the guns purpose for existing? street and strip? or strip only? hehehe thats just drag racing lingo for everyday driver or race only?

kung race only, an all metal svi is hard to beat. w/ a tungsten schuemann island barrel etc etc.

Hi there,

The standard pistol I am after will purely be for as you say "strip" race gun only. :supergrin:

My preference for a street pistol remains to be a compact glock...

atmarcella
04-25-2010, 02:38
ngek ako lang ata mahilig sa street and strip dito hhehehehe good luck on your project, an svi is hard to beat.

Allegra
04-25-2010, 05:15
Plan to get a pistol for standard Div, taking into consideration what is the best platform, what features it should have and what possible choices are out there.

Of course nothing will replace training and shooter practice but assuming all factors being equal with the exception of the pistol, I am keen to find that perfect standard div pistol of today and own it...

This is std division
Walang perfect gun for everybody , kundi everyone will be shooting the same pistol. But they dont
The top guys tailor their guns to their preferences
Iba iba ang preference nila , some like 5inch barrels , TGO likes 6, some like light front ends, some like straight triggers , ytung iba ayaw ng fiber optics

You wont get your perfect std pistol asking someone else
You have to shoot ipsc muna, to know what you want

Putok-Glock
04-25-2010, 06:51
These are my candidates...and they are not perfect w/o the shooter factor:

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj262/BenHurYap/IMG_2260.jpg

Putok-Glock
04-25-2010, 07:17
Up Close and Personal, kilatisin:

Candidate 1:
http://http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj262/BenHurYap/IMG_2269-1.jpg

Candidate 2:
http://http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj262/BenHurYap/IMG_2262.jpg

Candidate 3:
http://http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj262/BenHurYap/128.jpg

Pick or Trash!

mtho
04-25-2010, 09:46
Hi there,

The standard pistol I am after will purely be for as you say "strip" race gun only. :supergrin:

My preference for a street pistol remains to be a compact glock...

try holding a nicely sculpted para and see if it feels better to you than a sti. first step is to find out which frame you like more. a para could load up to 20 rounds i heard and an sti could be made to load up to 19rounds. para has a slimmer grip feel also so shooters with small hands tend to like this better pero preference lang talaga ng shooter yun. find out also kung mas gusto mo yung high grip or not that would dictate which beavertail you would buy.

Putok-Glock
04-25-2010, 18:04
try holding a nicely sculpted para and see if it feels better to you than a sti. first step is to find out which frame you like more. a para could load up to 20 rounds i heard and an sti could be made to load up to 19rounds. para has a slimmer grip feel also so shooters with small hands tend to like this better pero preference lang talaga ng shooter yun. find out also kung mas gusto mo yung high grip or not that would dictate which beavertail you would buy.

My experiences to these are a bit different. Para having a metal and smaller grip can still be sculpted to reduce the size of its grip a bit more for smaller hands. But pistols with smaller grip (modified or not) means lesser area to absorb recoil in the hand so the sensation of recoil is felt on a smaller concentrated area and can be felt greater. While just handling it might feel good specially for smaller hands, shooting it w/ major pf can be uncomfortable during long practice sessions for recoil sensitive shooters. As an exagerated example, Its analogous to firing full power 357 magnum load in a small revolver.

Having 19-20 rounds even in a tuned orig Para mag did not work reliably for me in very few crucial match times, so I load them 18 max only. Same w/ STI orig mags w/ 18-19 rounds. I load them 17 max even w/ grams parts. That is in IPSC specs, not USPSA. Although they might work most of the time, if they are not 100% reliable, I stay away from them.

Its unfortunate to note that most of the time what I want and/or what I think are good/best and desirable are not always in reality the best...

just my .0002, hth

Allegra
04-25-2010, 18:17
My experiences to these are a bit different. Para having a metal and smaller grip can still be sculpted to reduce the size of its grip a bit more for smaller hands. But pistols with smaller grip (modified or not) means lesser area to absorb recoil in the hand so the sensation of recoil is felt on a smaller concentrated area hence can be felt greater. While just handling it might feel good specially for smaller hands, shooting it w/ major pf can be uncomfortable during long practice sessions for recoil sensitive shooters.

Having 19-20 rounds in an orig Para mag did not work reliably for me, so I load them 18 max only. Same w/ STI orig mags w/ 18-19 rounds. I load them 17 max even w/ grams parts. That is in IPSC specs, not USPSA. Although they might work most of the time, if they are not 100% reliable, I stay away from them.

Its unfortunate to note that most of the time what I want and/or what I think are good/best and desirable are not always in reality the best...

just my .0002, hth

Individual preferences talaga
I've got big hands
And you know what they say about guys w/ big hands? Yup , they have better leverage to control that torquing pistol
I still prefer a smaller grip, kasi I can control the gun better dahil sa leverage
Which is why I shoot the single stack combat commander just as fast as my STD Para dati

mtho
04-25-2010, 21:06
I've got big hands
And you know what they say about guys w/ big hands? Yup , they have better leverage to control that torquing pistol
I still prefer a smaller grip, kasi I can control the gun better dahil sa leverage
Which is why I shoot the single stack combat commander just as fast as my STD Para dati

kala ko big hands mean big feet. so more stable for recoil absorbtion and run faster:rofl:

bulm540
04-25-2010, 21:44
you can reshape the STI grips to fit your hand better. For me the STI grip feels smaller and less blocky than a para.

Putok-Glock
04-25-2010, 21:58
My experiences to these are a bit different. Para having a metal and smaller grip can still be sculpted to reduce the size of its grip a bit more for smaller hands. But pistols with smaller grip (modified or not) means lesser area to absorb recoil in the hand so the sensation of recoil is felt on a smaller concentrated area and can be felt greater. While just handling it might feel good specially for smaller hands, shooting it w/ major pf can be uncomfortable during long practice sessions for recoil sensitive shooters. As an exagerated example, Its analogous to firing full power 357 magnum load in a small revolver.

I've got big hands

we are talking of 2 different parameters here, I think?
But different as they are, they are not necessarily in contradiction.
in fact, I can glean here that smaller grips in stout recoiling pistols and loads can be comfortable to shoot and an advantage to one w/ large hands (as Allegra's), but not in smaller hands (as mine). If true, this is an important and usefull factor to consider.

Allegra
04-25-2010, 22:27
you can reshape the STI grips to fit your hand better. For me the STI grip feels smaller and less blocky than a para.

w/c do you prefer long dust or short?

jasonub
04-26-2010, 00:37
get what you can afford and practice with it. If you like the sport splurge.

I used to use an armscor. Well frame lang then a para then I asked myself whats the best money being no object. Ended with an infinity.

This way if you dont want to continue with the sport you did not commit too much funds.

Now im trying to bike soon. Buying one less than 15t. If i like i may buy one with the same price as my sv.

So try muna bago splurge.

Parang babae yan. pag gusto mo, gastosan mo. tapos upgrade na lang ng upgrade. bwhahahahaha

ans3288
04-26-2010, 01:39
its not only about the size, its more about how it "fits" in your hand. para and EA steel frames with grip reduction and integral magwell :)

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/mtho_6275/IMG_8187.jpg

Putok-Glock
04-26-2010, 04:18
Nothing is carved in stone, everything is relative.

as several posts above said, size and "fit" are not absolutes, it depends upon the shooter, and even the shooter is not a reliable basis. what I like or want may not help me shoot ipsc matches to my best...its possible some features I like or want in a pistol could hamper my development as a successful shooter. and I may not even know it. Wants/Likes and Needs are not the same. sometimes they contradict each other.

Maybe theres a perfect pistol based from what I like and another based from what I need... and another in between... could be the reason why I have my 3 candidates above?:embarassed:

jimbullet
04-26-2010, 05:50

Firstly, thanks to everyone who have given their opinion/ comments here as I have been taking all your thoughts and comments seriously in coming up with what seems to be the perfect standard pistol. Nice pics too - these have given me ideas for the gunsmith...

Can I tease out on this topic of long vs short dust...what is the advantage or disadvantage of one or the other? I've heard that long dust are better but not really gotten the real story as to why is it better (if it is indeed better). Anything to do with performance or is this only pampa pogi?

jimbullet
04-26-2010, 06:00
get what you can afford and practice with it. If you like the sport splurge.

I used to use an armscor. Well frame lang then a para then I asked myself whats the best money being no object. Ended with an infinity.

This way if you dont want to continue with the sport you did not commit too much funds.

Now im trying to bike soon. Buying one less than 15t. If i like i may buy one with the same price as my sv.

So try muna bago splurge.

Parang babae yan. pag gusto mo, gastosan mo. tapos upgrade na lang ng upgrade. bwhahahahaha

Definitely love the sport. I've been competing in IDPA and IPSC production div for years now.

During the 80's I went to "the dark side", competing with a 1911 single stack open gun (pin guns), until the dawn of the hicap frames came, which made our equipment obsolete and a piece of history unless converted back to its original state which then allows it to race again amongst single stacks.

So I guess wanting a standard pistol that is competitive today and hopefully one which will not become obsolete in the near term.

Allegra
04-26-2010, 06:17
I dont think there's much else mababago sa current std guns except the metal they use
I stopped shooting std nung 2001 , wala naman nagbago sa baril then and now

bulm540
04-26-2010, 06:31

short DC right now since I am using a long slide.

bulm540
04-26-2010, 16:06
Firstly, thanks to everyone who have given their opinion/ comments here as I have been taking all your thoughts and comments seriously in coming up with what seems to be the perfect standard pistol. Nice pics too - these have given me ideas for the gunsmith...

Can I tease out on this topic of long vs short dust...what is the advantage or disadvantage of one or the other? I've heard that long dust are better but not really gotten the real story as to why is it better (if it is indeed better). Anything to do with performance or is this only pampa pogi?
Read here from one of the top gunsmiths here Stateside.
http://www.brazoscustom.com/Home.htm scroll down to magazine articles and search for light vs heavy guns. Will probably give you an idea whch fits you most.

Allegra
04-26-2010, 18:02
Read here from one of the top gunsmiths here Stateside.
http://www.brazoscustom.com/Home.htm scroll down to magazine articles and search for light vs heavy guns. Will probably give you an idea whch fits you most.

great stuff!

Putok-Glock
04-26-2010, 18:49
wanting a standard pistol that is competitive today and hopefully one which will not become obsolete in the near term.

it will be, if the gun ban does not end in June:crying:

In normal times, I would shoot extensively the prospective pistol before commiting any work on it. If I may and if someone will let me borrow his, test it for a month or 2 (dry and live) so I have ample time to adjust to it. a few range sessions wont be enough for me to de-bug it. Some deffects or imperfections in a set-up are sometimes so obscured but rears its ugly head at the least times...besides Im a slow learner..:yawn:

Good luck to your journey:wavey:

pogi
04-26-2010, 20:16
In my early days with BOGs (mga 2006 siguro), had the privilege to witness JIM shoot his carry gun...Glock 26. Mga naka-open kami o naka std o naka modified. Pero siya...naka 9mm na kasing liit pa ng posporo.

GOD! the guy was good. Fast. Runs fast and DOUBLE TAPS better than some of us na naka std.

Told me na he was a std shooter before at medyo nagpapahinga lang dahil busy siya managing his 4 BANKS. (TAMA JIM?)...also told me na HINDI NIYA ALAM NA KALBO PALA AKO KASI PALAGI AKONG NAKA CAP.

But then, seriously, give this guy a reliable std gun and HE WILL KICK THE ASS OF SOME MAYABANGs OUT THERE!

Go ahead Jim! Shoot standard. Ako No.1 fan mo.

jasonub
04-26-2010, 21:58
Definitely love the sport. I've been competing in IDPA and IPSC production div for years now.

During the 80's I went to "the dark side", competing with a 1911 single stack open gun (pin guns), until the dawn of the hicap frames came, which made our equipment obsolete and a piece of history unless converted back to its original state which then allows it to race again amongst single stacks.

So I guess wanting a standard pistol that is competitive today and hopefully one which will not become obsolete in the near term.

get an sv pag available, since its not, sti is your best option. It should outlast the shooter in terms of durability.

My setup is aet, sv long dust frame, sv full profile factory lightened with xcellerator cuts. Sv triglide trigger system with enos cut. sv no spur hammer sear disco.

Brazos microdot .090 front and svi rear bomar sight. brown memory groove, sv stainless barstock safety limcat xl firing pin. ismi springs, sv pins, cominolli framesaver in tungsten. egw square fp stop. sv aluminum magwell.

my mags setup are all sps tubes with either sv follower and ismi springs or bolen guts. no cuts on springs and i have 2x19 round magazines. one is really tight and the other is tight hehehe.

Good luck bro.

jimbullet
04-27-2010, 02:31
In my early days with BOGs (mga 2006 siguro), had the privilege to witness JIM shoot his carry gun...Glock 26. Mga naka-open kami o naka std o naka modified. Pero siya...naka 9mm na kasing liit pa ng posporo.

GOD! the guy was good. Fast. Runs fast and DOUBLE TAPS better than some of us na naka std.

Told me na he was a std shooter before at medyo nagpapahinga lang dahil busy siya managing his 4 BANKS. (TAMA JIM?)...also told me na HINDI NIYA ALAM NA KALBO PALA AKO KASI PALAGI AKONG NAKA CAP.

But then, seriously, give this guy a reliable std gun and HE WILL KICK THE ASS OF SOME MAYABANGs OUT THERE!

Go ahead Jim! Shoot standard. Ako No.1 fan mo.

Pogi,

I am amazed that you clearly remember that time (years ago)...

If I remember correctly, we were having our BOG match and at that time I used my G26 with an IWB holster to compete. And yes, I used to be heavily involved in IPSC but had to lie low for awhile due to work commitments.

Oh...and hopefully you did not take offense about the hair! ....as it seems you've got that part of our conversation (each bit of it) crystal clear down to the last detail...:supergrin: hehehe peace!

pogi
04-27-2010, 02:44
Pogi,

I am amazed that you clearly remember that time (years ago)...

If I remember correctly, we were having our BOG match and at that time I used my G26 with an IWB holster to compete. And yes, I used to be heavily involved in IPSC but had to lie low for awhile due to work commitments.

Oh...and hopefully you did not take offense about the hair! ....as it seems you've got that part of our conversation (each bit of it) crystal clear down to the last detail...:supergrin: hehehe peace!

NYAHAHAHAHA!
K lang yan Jim.
Maybe I was created this way. Though I'm almost super senior-I can still remember majority of those events in my childhood days...and that's "PORNOGRAPHIC MEMORY"

saki1611
04-28-2010, 00:52
NYAHAHAHAHA!
K lang yan Jim.
Maybe I was created this way. Though I'm almost super senior-I can still remember majority of those events in my childhood days...and that's "PORNOGRAPHIC MEMORY"

kaya pala laman ng isip mopuro X-rated film and Scandal movies...:rofl::rofl::wavey:

pogi
04-28-2010, 01:13
kaya pala laman ng isip mopuro X-rated film and Scandal movies...:rofl::rofl::wavey:

HEH!
wala kang 30 rounder mags.

saki1611
04-28-2010, 02:46
HEH!
wala kang 30 rounder mags.
sige gawin mo na lang 2x 30rounder... hehehe! peace...

Allegra
04-28-2010, 04:54
Putukan naaaa!!!! aaaarrrgggh!!! Putok na putok nako!!!

ano pa ba magandang paraan pagconvince sa sarili??

batangueno
04-28-2010, 09:40
Putukan naaaa!!!! aaaarrrgggh!!! Putok na putok nako!!!

ano pa ba magandang paraan pagconvince sa sarili??

Eto... panoorin mo na lang 'to pampagana :supergrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa2wm0OnJLI

ans3288
04-28-2010, 19:17
COOL!!! :wow:

Allegra
04-28-2010, 22:31
awesome!

st. matthew
04-29-2010, 22:54

wala pa ba yung latest bogs mtv....:impatient: :supergrin::supergrin:

Putok-Glock
04-30-2010, 04:27
kidding aside and back to OP,

the best thing is the one w/c the user/shooter believe in and complete trust w/ to help him/her shoot to the level he/she aspires to reach.

its as simple as that, I think.

saki1611
04-30-2010, 08:05
kidding aside and back to OP,

the best thing is the one w/c the user/shooter believe in and complete trust w/ to help him/her shoot to the level he/she aspires to reach.

its as simple as that, I think.

and i may add, the one that the shooter can afford and he/she enjoys the game...

Eye Cutter
04-30-2010, 19:04
red ballcap pala official hat ng BoGs! LoL!