1st Gen G17 questions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 1st Gen G17 questions

ScottSt
04-16-2010, 10:44
I've got a friend selling a 1st Gen G-17 (s/n AR5xx, smooth grips, no rail), and I'm trying to find some info on it.

In (2000) we were shooting a match together, and a fellow shooter who was a Glock Armorer noticed the G-17 was a 1st Gen, and wanted to check for a factory recall/mod in the trigger area that needed to be done. It wasn't then, but the fellow shooter performed it, swapping a few parts in the process. I realize that's not much to go on, but any idea what that mod might have been?

Second, he's going to put the gun out on GB, but has no idea of a reasonable reserve to put on the auction. Do early 1st Gen guns command any kind of premium, or do they just move the same as any "used Glock 17's?"

(Note: this is not a solicitation to sell the gun. I'm just looking for value. Please don't PM me with an offer.)

Thanks for the help.

JR
04-16-2010, 21:21
Its a first gen gun... no big deal. If the serial number is A or AA, something real early you might get a better price but other than that, no big deal. Before listing I recommend you price similar SN guns and base your asking price around that.

Glock Inc keeps records on all "official" upgraded guns. If your friend did not submit the official paperwork it doesn't exist. You can contact GI to verify but what the heck, you are selling it anyway

ScottSt
04-17-2010, 07:14
Its a first gen gun... no big deal. If the serial number is A or AA, something real early you might get a better price but other than that, no big deal. Before listing I recommend you price similar SN guns and base your asking price around that.

Glock Inc keeps records on all "official" upgraded guns. If your friend did not submit the official paperwork it doesn't exist. You can contact GI to verify but what the heck, you are selling it anyway

Thank you, this is extremely helpful. I wanted to make sure he wasn't letting go of something unique.

Regarding the "upgrade," I know that no paperwork was submitted--we were at a match--but I was under the impression the parts would be visibly recognizable to a knowledgeable Glock owner (i.e. "Ah, that's the square one and it should be the new round one," etc.)

Again, thanks for the help.