Just ordered my first G-20! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered my first G-20!

527varmint
04-16-2010, 12:03
I got a gen 3 od green g-20 with mepro fixed n/s installed from glockmeister! They said it will ship today! I'm waiting on a tikka t-3 rifle they should both be here next weekend. BANG!

Now when i'm calling predators with my .223 or upland hunting with my beagles and birdshot I will have some cougar and bear medicine on hand. Not to mention I will be sleeping better in the tent!

I think I will get a simplyrugged holster with chestypuller conversion for the trail.

Eventualy I'll go with a 22lb spring and new guide rod. I will also get a light on it and a second holster for when it has the light on it. I will keep the light on in the tent so I can light up bears or coyote when they come into camp so I don't end up shooting a deer or a person on accident.

Thanks to everyone who helped me pick this gun! Especialy Canyonman! I wanted to get it 6months ago but couldn't find a job. got a new job on wed I start monday and I already bought 2 guns!

CanyonMan
04-16-2010, 13:53
I got a gen 3 od green g-20 with mepro fixed n/s installed from glockmeister! They said it will ship today! I'm waiting on a tikka t-3 rifle they should both be here next weekend. BANG!

Now when i'm calling predators with my .223 or upland hunting with my beagles and birdshot I will have some cougar and bear medicine on hand. Not to mention I will be sleeping better in the tent!

I think I will get a simplyrugged holster with chestypuller conversion for the trail.

Eventualy I'll go with a 22lb spring and new guide rod. I will also get a light on it and a second holster for when it has the light on it. I will keep the light on in the tent so I can light up bears or coyote when they come into camp so I don't end up shooting a deer or a person on accident.

Thanks to everyone who helped me pick this gun! Especialy Canyonman! I wanted to get it 6months ago but couldn't find a job. got a new job on wed I start monday and I already bought 2 guns!

Well Finally ! Ha. Ha.

If your married, I hope I never meet your wife, she may use that G20 on ME ! :supergrin:

Have fun with it amigo, and stay safe. If you reload, your really going to have a great time. If not, you can buy all the equipment, and tell your wife CanyonMan talked me into it. :whistling: Ha.

Congrats my friend
Have a blast !

CanyonMan

Heres my two boys:

SF on the left and regular grip on the right in the duo pic.

http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/4222/pics113.jpg

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3301/0903091653.jpg

k9Glock
04-16-2010, 22:34
Very nice...I love them
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll59/k9driver/G20006.jpg

527varmint
04-17-2010, 00:57
I will start reloading eventualy. No point in having a 10mm if you don't reload unless you can afford double tap and I sure can't.

CanyonMan
04-17-2010, 02:11
I will start reloading eventualy. No point in having a 10mm if you don't reload unless you can afford double tap and I sure can't.

Again, Congrats my friend.
Have a good time !

Stay safe.

CanyonMan

PlayboyPenguin
04-17-2010, 02:29
Congrats on the G20. I know I feel more secure with my G29 by my side when in the woods also. Just don't go shooting at every bear that enters your campsite. Keep in mind that it is always better to let them take a look around and then head off on their own than it is to engage them. A curious bear is not going to bother you at all 99% of the time. But a wounded bear might take you down with them.

bac1023
04-17-2010, 05:11
Congrats on the G20 :)

527varmint
04-17-2010, 11:20
Congrats on the G20. I know I feel more secure with my G29 by my side when in the woods also. Just don't go shooting at every bear that enters your campsite. Keep in mind that it is always better to let them take a look around and then head off on their own than it is to engage them. A curious bear is not going to bother you at all 99% of the time. But a wounded bear might take you down with them.

I keep my hunting beagles chained up in camp. It attracts alot of coyote, no bears yet. I only plan to shoot a bear if its chargeing me or eating my dog. I wuold maybe turn on the flashlight and blind it then fire a warning shot or two. most black bears will run away. I might get a air horn to scare em off too. I have bear spray but i'd probably end up spraying myself in the wind.

If coyote come into camp i'm killing it, no questions asked, I hate coyote!

Berto
04-17-2010, 19:59
Congrats on the G20, just dove into 10mm myself, they are great shooters.

MinervaDoe
04-18-2010, 10:25
Congratulations. How long until the G20 arrives.

Waiting is the toughest part.

527varmint
04-18-2010, 10:47
the gun will arrive at the FFL like next sat. If i'm lucky i can sign for it . If not it might be another week just to get down there and do the paperwork. Then there is CA 10 day waiting period. So I thin i'm looking at 3-4 weeks till I can even bring it home. That is ok i'm waiting on a first paycheck till I order some ammo, holster, and guide rod/spring.

I will be bringing home the tikka rifle too so my glock is going to have to fight for my attention!:rofl:

MinervaDoe
04-18-2010, 11:12
the gun will arrive at the FFL like next sat. If i'm lucky i can sign for it . If not it might be another week just to get down there and do the paperwork. Then there is CA 10 day waiting period. So I thin i'm looking at 3-4 weeks till I can even bring it home. That is ok i'm waiting on a first paycheck till I order some ammo, holster, and guide rod/spring.

I will be bringing home the tikka rifle too so my glock is going to have to fight for my attention!:rofl:
I believe that once they know the gun's serial number, you can sign the paperwork and begin your waiting period. So, if the gun has been shipped, the s/n can be communicated to your FFL over the phone.

BRONZ1
04-19-2010, 22:58
I need to get a g20