Need help locating thinner recoil pad for new 870 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need help locating thinner recoil pad for new 870

Don H
04-16-2010, 13:08
Need help locating thinner recoil pad for new 870.

http://i43.tinypic.com/20tma1k.jpg

Just picked up a like new remington 870 HD shotgun for $225, would like to get a thinner recoil pad to shorten up the LOP (the OEM pad is 7/8" thick). Anyone know where I can get a thinner pre fit pad? Don't wanna have to fit the pad.

southernshooter
04-18-2010, 08:22
Maybe change to something like a knoxx stock that you can adjust the length on? Don't know how much you could cut off your stock before you get into the hollow part-this would cause you to have to resize your pad that you don't want to do. Might be hard to find a thinner pad, 870's have a rather hard pad as it is and heavy loads are already painful (to me anyway)
Wow, $225 new? thats a deal.

aippi
04-18-2010, 09:03
Sorry, but that stock is made for Remington by Speed Feed to Remingtons specifications and not other pad is going to fit it. Changing to one the reduced LOP stocks or an adjustable stock is the best option.

Deployment Solu
04-18-2010, 09:53
Choate Machine & Tool makes an adj lop Pistol grip stock and adj lop convention stock. www.riflestock.com

bsg1
04-21-2010, 23:35
i recently purchased a mesa LEO tactical telescopic stock with recoil reducer for my remington 870P police model. the variations in LOP combined with the promise of 70% recoil reduction makes it worth the price of admission. i bought it from someone that had only used it for approx. 20 rounds and i feel i did well at $200.00. he was selling his 870P and i asked if he'd sell me the mesa separately; we turned the deal. install was easy. i can't tell you how great it is because i have not taken it out yet....

-Brady