Just Getting Started [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just Getting Started

dirtyjoe
04-17-2010, 01:29
Finally got all my equipment in. Lee Classic Turret and extras. I am on a tight budget but did splurge on a RCBS 750 electronic scale. Bench should be done in 2 or 3 days. I got 2 buckets of law enforcement range brass and have a lot of 357 sig brass that I do not have a weapon for. Much is Winchester nickled plated, I did not sort the brass ones by head stamp. Would any one be interested in trading 45 acp for it? Not sure about all the rules of the site yet. I live in Tennessee. Looking forward to all the future help from all of you. From reading the threads I can see that I will benefit from your experience. dirtyjoe

DWARREN123
04-17-2010, 06:24
Howdy and good luck on getting started on reloading. I have been doing it for a few years and enjoy it greatly.
Another good site for us Tennesseans
WWW.TNGUNOWNERS.COM (http://www.TNGUNOWNERS.COM)

RustyFN
04-17-2010, 07:50
Welcome Joe. The classic turret is a great starter press and I thinkyou will be very happy with it. If you have any set up questions let us know. There are a lot of us classic turret owners here.

fredj338
04-17-2010, 10:54
Well done, you are now imancipated from the woes of factory ammo! Drop me a PM, I have quite a bit of 45acp brass if you want to do a trade of some kind. I only need another 500 or so, probably fit in a small flat rate box.

Black Dog
04-18-2010, 09:55
Like DJ I also just got the Lee Classic Turret Kit and Lee die sets to get started in reloading. I think I read while scanning for info here that the new dies need cleaning ? Is alcohol or mineral sprits, followed by CLP good ?

TIA

fredj338
04-18-2010, 11:02
Like DJ I also just got the Lee Classic Turret Kit and Lee die sets to get started in reloading. I think I read while scanning for info here that the new dies need cleaning ? Is alcohol or mineral sprits, followed by CLP good ?

TIA

You do NOT want any oils inside the sizing die at least. You want to clean them to remove any machining chips or polish left from manuf. I just use a spray degreaser, then go.