Toolbars (Bing, Google, AVG) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Toolbars (Bing, Google, AVG)

Green_Manelishi
04-17-2010, 06:57
How to deactive, etc. those tool bars, under Vista. I don't use them, don't want them. Thanks.

Oh and uh .... I really don't need the temptation of considering a SSD.

GIockGuy24
04-17-2010, 09:25
Revo Uninstaller

http://www.revouninstaller.com/

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Download and install the free version. Check the last (bottom) box when running the program. Use the program to uninstall tool bars and other unwanted programs, one at a time. If the uninstaller of a program ask to restart the computer, do not restart until Revo has been completely run.

GIockGuy24
04-17-2010, 09:27
Oh I think the AVG tool bar may be a bit difficult. If so, you can uninstall AVG completely and reinstall AVG using advanced options and/or unchecking the tool bar install during the installation.

Green_Manelishi
04-17-2010, 18:56
Thanks. I can live with the AVG bar.

Drjones
04-18-2010, 11:17
After you uninstall those stupid toolbars, download & install Google's Chrome browser.

I've used IE8 (obviously the latest version) on a wide variety of computers and it sucks so badly it's not even funny. I've had some computers where IE wouldn't even connect to the internet, and Chrome was good to go right out of the box, so to speak.

C.Lee
04-18-2010, 13:20
If you are using IE8, click on "view" then "toolbars" and uncheck what you do not want.

If you don't see the toolbar there, click on "tools" then "manage add ons" then click "toolbars and extensions" click the item you do not want and then click "disable".

All the toolbars should be in one of these two locations.

Slug71
04-18-2010, 21:11
add/remove in control panel.

Ericfi1
05-11-2010, 23:12
remove all of the toolbars, they're used as spyware by the particular company to make it easier for them to track what you do and where you go.
Just goto the control panel and add/remove programs and remove all of them, and remove google chrome while you're at it.. why make it easier for them to get the information on you?

just uninstall it, and run CCleaner and let it do its job.