KAHR P9 striker / firing pin issues. Protruding from channel? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : KAHR P9 striker / firing pin issues. Protruding from channel?

kdoggy
04-17-2010, 09:29
New KAHR P9 owner here!

Today I happened to lock my slide back and I noticed my striker was protruding out of the striker / firing pin channel.

Um, KAHR's don't use a free float striker / firing pin do they?

Seems like a round sliding up the breech face could bend or even break the tip of the striker off.

I can manually push it back in and re-rack the slide and it may or may not be protruding. Seems to protrude about 50% of the time.

Can I assume this is NOT normal?

ripley16
04-18-2010, 07:47
Yes, that happens. The striker retracts again as the slide moves forward. Yes, it is a bit disconcerting, but no ill effects will come from it.

user
04-18-2010, 07:50
It's a little tight, probably, and wants some lubrication. I'd go so far as to soak the slide in synthetic motor oil overnight, then let it "drip" on a towell for a couple of days. Clean it up and put it back and see if it still does that.

If you're up to it, take the slide apart and see exactly where the friction is coming from, and use some #600 emery cloth or a super fine diamond file to polish it up a bit, refitting frequently to ensure you don't take too much off.

Or send it back to Kahr and have them fix it.

Kahrs are made to very close tolerances, and if the mill used was a little worn, pieces may have spots that rub. They need to be broken in with lots of lubrication, the same way you'd lap a new valve into a cylinder head.

BackDraft
04-18-2010, 09:10
detail stripp the slide and clean and lub it and should be fine

DustyJacket
04-18-2010, 10:06
It is already fine - that is how it works. I answered this for you on the Kahr forum.......