Large range bag needed [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Large range bag needed

pitmanr2003
04-18-2010, 14:08
I wanted the large midway usa competition range bag, but it is on back order till aug and i already have been waiting since march. Is there a range bag similiar in size and price out there. My patience is wore out.

Jim Watson
04-18-2010, 16:16
Midway puts one on sale pretty regularly for $40.
Not as well made, but it will do and is even a bit larger than the Dillon.

pitmanr2003
04-19-2010, 02:22
i wanted the large midway bag, but it was on back order since march and supposed to be available today, but now its backordered to aug. no way im waiting that long.

mteagle1
04-19-2010, 09:03
Nobody is as cheap as Midway but then other places aren't getting their bag put together in China. For the original large shooting bag go to Shooter's Connection.

ron59
04-19-2010, 10:25
Nobody is as cheap as Midway but then other places aren't getting their bag put together in China. For the original large shooting bag go to Shooter's Connection.

I have Midways large and small bags, and by consensus here on GT... both totally rock. You won't find a thread about range bags where the Midway bag isn't brought up, and everybody else says "yes, get the Midway".

Made in China or not, it's nothing but a great bag.

DustyDawg48
04-19-2010, 10:43
+1 ^^^ There is no better bag and value than the Midway range bags. Worth the wait.

Hoser
04-19-2010, 11:12
Green Mountain bags. Good bags and made in America.

I have two. A large and a normal sized. Both are 12-13 years old and still going strong.

eljay45
04-19-2010, 18:42
I've got the Shooters Connection bag. The Midway bag is a good copy, the material and hardware aren't as good as the shooters Connection bag (I've compared them side by side) but I understand why people choose to save $100. My bag is 8 or 9 years old and in great shape. I've come across a couple of people that have had the zippers fail on the Midway bag in less than a year.

weagle
04-19-2010, 22:02
This sounds awfully negative? Possibly Ed's has lost a lot of business to Midway, methinks?

I have Midways large and small bags, and by consensus here on GT... both totally rock. You won't find a thread about range bags where the Midway bag isn't brought up, and everybody else says "yes, get the Midway".

Made in China or not, it's nothing but a great bag.

Just to clarify: the quote you referenced wasn't made by anyone associated with Ed's Public Safety. We sell a ton of the large and small Glock range bags and we don't really compete in the same market segment with Midway which BTW is a great company. I buy things from them myself, most recently a Lee case timmer for a .225 winchester.

Weagle

bisdak
04-20-2010, 00:35
I just bought LA Police Gear Jumbo Bail Out Bag a few days ago. See link http://www.lapolicegear.com/jumbo-bailout-bag.htm. I was also looking at the large Midway USA competition bag.

1. Large Midway Competition Bag $39.99 ĽOverall Dimensions: 22"L x 15"W x 10"H, with a total dimension of 47 inches.

2. LA Police Gear Jumbo Bail Out Bag $38.99 Overall Dimensions:20" x 11" x 15" , with a total dimension of 46 inches.

ron59
04-20-2010, 03:54
Just to clarify: the quote you referenced wasn't made by anyone associated with Ed's Public Safety. We sell a ton of the large and small Glock range bags and we don't really compete in the same market segment with Midway which BTW is a great company. I buy things from them myself, most recently a Lee case timmer for a .225 winchester.

Weagle

DAMMIT!!!

I'm an idiot. Got "Weagle" and "mteagle1" confused. I'll go back and edit that post.

My apologies.

Gunnuts10mm
04-20-2010, 08:29
I've had a Bagmaster Pro Shooter (http://www.bagmaster.com/) for years. They aren't cheap, but American made and guaranteed for life.

Shooter32
04-20-2010, 08:48
Shooters Connection is the only way to go for a large range bag they are the best !!

ede
04-20-2010, 17:27
Shooters Connection bag here, support someone that supports shooters.

Master T
04-22-2010, 19:36
Do a search on the site, I just saw where somebody had a large Range Bag for sale. I think they wanted $70 shipped.

I just purchased the Large Midway USA Range Bag a couple of months ago. Got it just before they went on Back order. Great range Bag, I actually packed it too heavy, but when I get to my favorite shooting spot everything I need is in the bag! And enough stuff for a friend to shoot also!

Tim

Laramie In MT
05-11-2010, 16:55
No complaints with my Midway bag. At $40 bucks it's a steal. Sure, not as sturdy as say a comperable 5.11, but it is 70-80 cheaper. I've used my heavily for a full season now, no issues.