back to reloading [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : back to reloading

1canvas
04-18-2010, 14:13
i am getting back to reloading and have all the equipment. i was wondering about supplies [bullets, primers, and stuff] online. who has the best deals and service online to buy componets?

n2extrm
04-18-2010, 14:23
Powder valley and Graff's have been pretty fair. The real problem is availability. You can find some real over priced stuff out there, like on gun broker, but I am against buying inflated products. I would suggest just placing an order or two and waiting it out.

RustyFN
04-18-2010, 16:08
I buy all of my powder and primers at Powder Valley or Graf and Sons. I buy what bullets I don't cast where ever I find a deal.

kshutt
04-18-2010, 18:55
If I can't find powder and primers at our "super-range" in OKC, I place an order with Powder Valley.

Travclem
04-18-2010, 18:58
I've had primers and powder on backorder with grafs since 12-17-09 and haven't heard from them yet. Good luck!

dereklord
04-18-2010, 19:14
Wow, I am thinking about starting to reload. This is all good info. I am just hoping that the cost offsets itself! :cool:

ron59
04-19-2010, 06:15
Primers are the only thing difficult to find. CCI seems to be a little more available than say, Federal. Place an order for 10,000 from Powder Valley, and while you wait for it to come in, see what you can find elsewhere. It will likely be a LOT more expensive elsewhere, just get what will hold you over.

Most powders are available, and bullets too. Precision Delta is an okay bullet, but they seem to run behind a bit. I use 147gr Montana Gold CMJs which I love, they're $305 for 3000, not too bad a price. I'm about to try a batch of Black Bullet molys (I have a Lone Wolf barrel) that are a LOT cheaper, will use them for practice. There are a BUNCH of bullet manufacturers with bullets available.