The G20/G29 is the best of the best. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The G20/G29 is the best of the best.

HOV
04-19-2010, 07:28
There is no production handgun on the planet that matches the G20/G29 platform for capacity, power, durability, reliability, accuracy, flexibility, affordability, and ease of maintenance.

Sometimes I get on kicks of shopping around for othe guns and sometimes I even end up buying somethig else, but I always come back to my Glocks and especially the G20 as the #1 best do-it-all gun.

With a $5XX G20/G29, you get:

- A consistent, crisp trigger
- A precision-machined slide coated with the toughest modern finish on a production pistol
- 15 rounds of 10mm, the most versatile autoloading caliber ever produced
- A gun for self-defense, competition, woods/hunting use, or just plain old plinking
- A refined package with smooth edges. Nothing on the pistol or magazine is going to cut your fingers as you work the controls.
- A simple manual of arms. No unnecessary controls to fiddle with, or to get in the way of your choice of grip. Everything is within reach.

Glocks are a fantastic weapon system to begin with, but the G20/G29 are the tickets to shooting the fabulous 10mm round through one. Call me a fanboi but I'm convinced this is the best of the best.

cowboywannabe
04-19-2010, 07:52
i have to concur, of course most of that goes for any of the Glock line up.

but i too have become partial to the G20 and now have a new G29 that i havent shot yet but look forward to once the mag extensions get here.

my only regret is that for folks with short fingers and or small hands, they dont get the thrill of comfortably shooting a G20, even with the short frame version....

now, if DT could get their crap in one sock and ditch the MG bullet and load properly as they have in the past.....

G-30Jet
04-19-2010, 17:23
20/29 nice big ole grip and high performance round. Best? Depends, but yes very nice.

J. Parker
04-19-2010, 19:07
I've had it seems a zillion handguns over the last thirty years and yes the grip is a big factor of your like or dislike of a certain handgun. I have medium hands and G21's, G20's, Beretta 92FS all fit. The G20 has a rather large grip but the pistol is absolutely wonderful in every way. That large grip is so terrible I just bought a new G20 today. WOOHOO! ME HAPPY!:supergrin:

Oh, I just noticed....howdy neighbor!

brausso
04-19-2010, 19:28
I agree 100%. My G20 is my go to firearm. I am more accurate and just feel most comfortable with my G20. I don't get the "it's too big for my hands" jargon. It's not that big.

Anyway, my G20 goes with me every day with my double tap 180gr JHP ammo. Now I just need a G29...

Retired Squid
04-20-2010, 18:51
G29SF is my CCW and G20SF is my HD gun. If I leave home w/o my G29 I will have the Colt DE 10 MM on the hip, but it's a collector's gun now at the age of 23 so that's a very rare occasion indeed. But damn that 10mm Colt feels so good, on the belt or in the hand. But the G29SF/20SF is more accurate for me, and would be my choice for shooting pins, steel or combat.

MinervaDoe
04-21-2010, 09:17
There is no production handgun on the planet that matches the G20/G29 platform for capacity, power, durability, reliability, accuracy, flexibility, affordability, and ease of maintenance.

Sometimes I get on kicks of shopping around for othe guns and sometimes I even end up buying somethig else, but I always come back to my Glocks and especially the G20 as the #1 best do-it-all gun.

..... Glocks are a fantastic weapon system to begin with, but the G20/G29 are the tickets to shooting the fabulous 10mm round through one. Call me a fanboi but I'm convinced this is the best of the best.
If I understand you correctly, you mean to say that you are fond of your Glock 10mms. :supergrin:
I have to admit, I'm kind of fond of my four Glocks too. I just switched to the minus connector and got the triggers polished on all of them. My current project is my G20SF. After test firing my first fifty rounds of 165 grain TMJ 10mm, I just loaded up another 250 rounds last night. .... amazing accuracy ...

- A precision-machined slide coated with the toughest modern finish on a production pistol
I was talking to my gunsmith the other day and he was telling me about how he had an old Glock 21 (with the smaller ejection port) and how he destroyed a cutter trying to enlarge his ejection port. The Tenifer finish was so tough, he had to get a diamond cutter to get through it. :shocked:

HOV
04-21-2010, 11:24
If I understand you correctly, you mean to say that you are fond of your Glock 10mms. :supergrin:

The inspiration for this thread came from my newest pistol, a CZ-75B. I just got it and put 250 rounds through to ensure proper function. One FTE in those 250 rounds but everything else was good to go.

It was a fine pistol yes, but it made me realize:

1. The single action trigger on the CZ75B is mushier than the Glock trigger
2. Two thumbs forward grip on the CZ75B requires either a thumb on the takedown lever, or in a place that doesn't provide good support. In other words, the Glock has less controls and therefore accomodates different grips better
3. Takedown of the CZ75B is overly complicated compared to a Glock
4. The design of the CZ75B is dated compared to a Glock
5. The Glock is a completely user servicable, modular pistol with amazing parts availability
6. I like the CZ75 a lot but I probably should have purchased a G21, G19, or G17 instead. Share parts, magazines, holsters, etc. with my other Glocks. Oh well, more guns for me!

MinervaDoe
04-21-2010, 13:46
CZ has a good reputation.
http://www.uccaonline.com/placers/Space-for-rent-Sign.gif

cowboywannabe
04-22-2010, 11:27
couldnt wait for the mag extension to arrive for my G29 so i went out today with it and one of my norinco ak47s.

started out with remington green box FMJ, then walked up to PMC el dorado starfire h.p. then finished off with DT 165gr. GDs.....all in all it wasnt bad at all. of course the DT was a bit snappier, but i was able to control the gun plenty with just the two finger grip i had with the flat mag bases.:cool:

on the other hand i burned the FRACK outa my finger when i grabbed my AK wrong after firing two mags rapid fire.:embarassed:

bac1023
04-22-2010, 21:08
Thankfully, I laid off the Kool-Aid today. :rofl:

J. Parker
04-22-2010, 22:30
Remove/delete

MinervaDoe
04-23-2010, 08:53
Huh? I don't get it?:dunno:

Look a couple of posts up the page and you'll see this from the OP.
The inspiration for this thread came from my newest pistol, a CZ-75B.
I thought I'd kid him and post the diagram.

In retrospect, it may have been a bad idea. :faint:

HOV
04-23-2010, 09:42
Thankfully, I laid off the Kool-Aid today. :rofl:

Let me help you out with that.

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Glock-Aid.jpg

Look a couple of posts up the page and you'll see this from the OP.

I thought I'd kid him and post the diagram.

In retrospect, it may have been a bad idea. :faint:

Yeah, that giant CZ diagram has murdered the smooth scrolling of this thread!

I like the CZ for sure, just have to get used to it I suppose.

MinervaDoe
04-23-2010, 11:12
I edited it out, but now it is in J. Parkers quote.
Darn.

Case de Callier
04-29-2010, 22:34
<<<<<< I never leave home without it.

texas 48
04-30-2010, 21:55
I have the G29,G20, and G20sf. I carried the G29 for 2 years until I fired the G20. I shot the 20 more accurately but just felt Just a little large so the G29 was a little harder to hold on to so naturally I had to have the G20sf and that one is just right. Now to fill out the glock 10mm collection I want the 29sf. What a sick addiction!

texas 48
04-30-2010, 22:21
I have the G29,G20, and G20sf. I carried the G29 for 2 years until I fired the G20. I shot the 20 more accurately but just felt Just a little large so the G29 was a little harder to hold on to so naturally I had to have the G20sf and that one is just right. Now to fill out the glock 10mm collection I want the 29sf. What a sick addiction!

texas 48
04-30-2010, 22:28
))))))). Accidently posted 2wice

tuica
05-01-2010, 14:35
I am leaning towards a G20/29 for next Glock, but never see any 10mil on my ammo scouting expeditions. I regularly check BiMart, Dick's, Big 5, here in Portland, OR metro area - nothing. No handloading desire - so where do I get the rounds? Thanks in advance.

Fire_Medic
05-01-2010, 14:37
I am leaning towards a G20/29 for next Glock, but never see any 10mil on my ammo scouting expeditions. I regularly check BiMart, Dick's, Big 5, here in Portland, OR metro area - nothing. No handloading desire - so where do I get the rounds? Thanks in advance.

Check with Georgia Arms. :wavey:

SJC G20
05-01-2010, 19:13

Some shooting ranges might have 10mm range ammo. Two in my area has them. For the extreme high power stuff, check the manufacturer's websites for "Where to Buy" information. Mike McNett from Double Tap replied back to me and gave me the name/number of my local Double Tap reseller and their prices were better than the MSRP listed prices. :thumbsup:

HOV
05-02-2010, 18:29
This thread does not have enough pictures of the best of the best. Here are some I took while trying to work out kinks with my jury rigged photographic lightbox.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27926538@N02/4571752199/sizes/l/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27926538@N02/4571752063/sizes/l/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27926538@N02/4572386474/sizes/l/in/photostream/

HOV
05-02-2010, 18:32
Trying it a different way...

HOV
05-02-2010, 18:33
Agh only one at a time of that size... okay never mind.

Retired Squid
07-21-2010, 06:59
My G29SF for CCW & G20SF for home defense. Forgot to mention both have Cominolli Custom manual safety installed.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x245/oldnavy6393/Glock01.jpg

527varmint
07-21-2010, 07:20
the 20 is my first handgun and it does it all.

With the 40 sw bbl and .22lr kit its a cheap plinker.

Its good for woods protection with hot loads. Its light enough to carry all day is the important thing.

Big grip? I find it too small it is better with my shooting gloves on.

biggest complaint is after I fire a few hundred rounds my trigger finger hurts.

The trigger blows its way too heavy but then again I shoot rifle mostly. I leave the trigger stock cuz its safe.

it runs like a top no problems yet with 10 mm 40 or .22lr it always goes bang.

The alternative is a .22lr pistol and a 44mag or similar big bore pistol. The glock is all in one so I don't have to explain the second gun to my wife!

cheez
07-21-2010, 19:34
Just got my first 10mm. A 20SF and although I have not had a chance to shoot it yet I fully expect it to become my favorite gun. Far to big for concealed carry so I figure the 29SF will be next in the stable. :)

Retired Squid
07-21-2010, 20:22
Just got my first 10mm. A 20SF and although I have not had a chance to shoot it yet I fully expect it to become my favorite gun. Far to big for concealed carry so I figure the 29SF will be next in the stable. :)

See the the belt clip on my 29, that's the best thing since popcorn.

texas 48
07-21-2010, 23:15

I carry my 20sf in a Smart Carry with a spare 15 round mag. I am 5'8"" and 200lbs. Nevr been deteced wear with Slacks Tucked shirt snorts and a golf shirt. Best hand gun I have ever fired. No problem with total concealment. Wear pants with expandable waist band and 1.5 inch belt. More comfortable and bettew concealed than any other holster I have used and don't have to dress around gun. Appendix carry faster on target than any other method no getting snagged on a shirt and don't have to look like a slob or wear a cover garment in the normal 95 degree heat here in TX

cheez
07-22-2010, 18:52
I carry my 20sf in a Smart Carry with a spare 15 round mag. I am 5'8"" and 200lbs. Nevr been deteced wear with Slacks Tucked shirt snorts and a golf shirt. Best hand gun I have ever fired. No problem with total concealment. Wear pants with expandable waist band and 1.5 inch belt. More comfortable and bettew concealed than any other holster I have used and don't have to dress around gun. Appendix carry faster on target than any other method no getting snagged on a shirt and don't have to look like a slob or wear a cover garment in the normal 95 degree heat here in TX

You are the umpteenth person to sing praises of the Smart Carry to me. Lots of different guns too. I reckon I'm gonna have to try one.
Thanks