Anyone have any problems using Hoppes elite to clean polymer frames? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any problems using Hoppes elite to clean polymer frames?

tenaciousj
04-19-2010, 19:09
recently bought a glock and a USP and have already cleaned the glock a couple of times with #9 before i heard that some folks dont think thats a good idea.

currently looking for something a little more polymer friendly and am wondering how Elite works

also thinking about going with breakfree clp but would probably use a dedicated lube to go with it like hoppes elite oil, slip 2000 ewl, TW25B, or breakfree LP

Glockrunner
04-20-2010, 05:22
GLOCK sez, if it is made for a firearm, use it.

boyscoutG36
04-25-2010, 14:08
Either of those work great, Hoppes Elite is relabeled MilPro 7. It's water based and great at cleaning carbon, I've never seen any issues with it on Glocks or SW M&Ps.

WayaX
04-25-2010, 14:17
also thinking about going with breakfree clp but would probably use a dedicated lube to go with it like hoppes elite oil

Breakfree and Hoppes elite oil are what I use for my pistols. I've never had any problems related to lubrication. I also keep Hoppes #9 on hand for when the slides and barrels need extensive cleaning. While #9 should be polymer safe, I don't like to take chances. Besides, if your frames are getting so dirty that they need a strong solvent then something is going wrong.

Wade-0
08-25-2010, 22:25
I have used MPro-7 and now Hoppes Elite (basically the same cleaner with a different label) on all of my guns for a few years now, no problems yet. And it doesn't stink up the house, which scores major points with the wife.