Replacement parts. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Replacement parts.

NEOH212
04-19-2010, 21:05
I have Colt 6920 rifle. If I go to purchase replacement parts to keep on hand, should I stay with Colt brand parts? Is there any advantage to staying with Colt brand parts or are there other brands that will be just good or better? I don't want to skimp on quality in any way what so ever. Your input into this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Constructor
04-20-2010, 00:13
Many Colt parts are produced by DOD contractors that supply most of the AR manufactures in this country. One company I know of produces 30,000 carriers a month and over 20,000 bolts along with 60 something other small parts.
Most parts come from the same places, the problem is other companies use sub standard commercial grade parts, and those companies and parts are better known and more popular with the uneducated AR consumer that purchases the least expensive thing they can find. If you purchase Colt parts you know they will meet DOD spec, Look for other companies that have real weapon(not accessory) contracts with the DOD. FN, LMT.

RainierArms
04-21-2010, 19:31
Usually, a spare bolt & firing pin are a good idea as that's what is most commonly replaced.

NEOH212
04-22-2010, 01:29
Thank you very much for the info. Aside from a spare bolt and firing pin, what else would you recommend that I keep on hand for my rifle? Thanks again.

Constructor
04-22-2010, 11:48
Disconnector more than , hammer or trigger but they are cheap, all of the springs. The pin that retains the buffer, cam pin, extractor.

NEOH212
04-23-2010, 01:34
Thank you much for your help. I have the parts coming! :wavey: