Good manual for reloading data? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Good manual for reloading data?

mikecurnow
04-20-2010, 10:22
I have hornady's 7th edition handbook, and it has some reloading data, and includes different powder types, but is specific to one gun/bullet/case so on.

looking for something with a broader range of data, that would hopefully also include factory loads, and accuracy loads.

thanks.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

GioaJack
04-20-2010, 10:28
Lyman manual... I believe the 49th is the latest edition.

Jack

fredj338
04-20-2010, 11:44
I have hornady's 7th edition handbook, and it has some reloading data, and includes different powder types, but is specific to one gun/bullet/case so on.

looking for something with a broader range of data, that would hopefully also include factory loads, and accuracy loads.

thanks.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

What you want doesn't realy exist. Closest thing would be LoadBooks for specific calibers. It's a compilation of diff data sources, but one caliber only. Most of us have 3-4 current manuals on hand. It allows cross ref of data & gives a broader range of bullet/powder choices. I like the Speer #14, Lyman & Hornady in that order for handgun. For rifle; Nosler, Speer, Sierra or Horandy. yes, you notice I don't list the Lee. It's just far to vague to be truely helpful.

DWARREN123
04-20-2010, 12:52
I like using powder company data sites. You will very seldom find info for all your components so go middle of the load and work up.

fgutie35
04-20-2010, 12:59
The manual depends on the bullet brand you are going to use. I use the Sierra Manual because it specifically gives me the data for the bullet I use, Plus all of their data of the caliber I use, was tested on a 26" Stainless Steel barrel from a Savage rifle which is what I own, so I'm very confident the numbers are going to be very identical.:cool:

mikecurnow
04-20-2010, 13:06
Thanks for the help. :)

ssgrock3
04-20-2010, 13:08
speer #13, I think #14 is the newest. If on a budget, ebay will have older versions cheaper. Money well spent, the free ones from the powder mfg's are good ones to have and have to give away to new loaders. And for the cost, get more than one set.