what are these tools for? [Archive] - Glock Talk


View Full Version : what are these tools for?

04-20-2010, 18:30
it came with the cylindrical tool kit that goes into the buttstock compartment on the AK47


this one i know is used as a screwdriver to adjust front sight elevation, but what is the punch like thing that is pinned on to the flat metal? it's on tight, is it supposed to be removable?


the tool on the right screws on to the cleaning rod in place of the bore brush but why does it have threads on the external surface of the other end? i just use it to push dry patches through the bore.


just another view.

thanks for anybody who might be able to help.

04-20-2010, 19:30
The tool on the right may be a part for the windage adjustment tool. This is a popular sight adjustment tool for the AK and SKS.


04-20-2010, 22:16
The top one is used for levering the latch of the handguard and gas tube. It also acts as a front sight elevation tool.

04-21-2010, 21:17
Haven't got a chance to open the cleaning kit. Still packed with cosmoline. :)

04-23-2010, 05:04
The first tool on the top is a screwdriver/drift tool. The screwdriver was explained earlier. Combloc models often separate the two of them. You have a combined set-up.

The drift is used to:
1. Remove the cleaning rod from the rifle more easily.
2. Remove a tight cap from a combination tool body.
3. Disassemble the bolt by driving out the retaining pin of the firing pin and extractor pin.
4. Leverage the combi-tool cap should it be jammed on the muzzle device when cleaning.
5. To lift hammer spring legs before removal of the hammer.

Hope this helps.

04-23-2010, 05:14
re- second picture, tool on the right - that is called a cleaning rod jag. The threads are for screwing the cleaning rod jag through the rear of cleaning brush.

05-08-2010, 20:20
thanks sfm.

so that's how one gets to lever the gas tube lock.