Sig Forum... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sig Forum...

mesteve2
04-21-2010, 12:00
A very good place to go and read the posts.

I tried to get on but need to have

special e-mail address not the free ones.

It them takes many weeks to get on so I

just go there to read. Worth the trip.

Glock Talk still better on other subjects than sigs.

preasoner
04-22-2010, 18:40
I agree... I like sigforum alot for Sig specific stuff. It does take a long time to get approved after you submit the request but is well worth the wait. There are true Sig authorities there and of course you have to be a member to post. You will get there.

tonelar
06-18-2010, 20:33
not wanting to start a new thread etc/ but is it just my work server or is Sig Forum gone?

Cobra64
06-18-2010, 22:57
not wanting to start a new thread etc/ but is it just my work server or is Sig Forum gone?

SigForum's site has been down since late this afternoon.

bac1023
06-27-2010, 15:56
I'm glad I registered years ago, because it seems to be more difficult now. :dunno:

TSAX
07-06-2010, 09:13
I agree... I like sigforum alot for Sig specific stuff. It does take a long time to get approved after you submit the request but is well worth the wait. There are true Sig authorities there and of course you have to be a member to post. You will get there.

:agree::agree::agree:

ForgetAboutIt
07-08-2010, 08:58

How "long" does it exactly take? I first signed up maybe three or four months ago... nothing happened... signed up again a month later (using a different non-Hotmail/Yahoo address) again nothing... so I signed up again a month later... sure enough, nothing!!! I sent an email to their web master... nothing. It's been one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had in dealing with a forum... When I sign up, I don't include my address where it asks for it... I give them my city/state, but not the address. Could this be it? It's not a requirement... I don't know. I really love that forum for SIG-related items and classifieds, but it's of no use if I can't make posts and/or communicate with others...

wingspar
07-16-2010, 10:14
Is the Sig forum down again?

BB61
07-16-2010, 10:17
The owner has a real job (not that Eric doesn't) so it is difficult to get to everyone requesting membership. I would just be patient and/or politely ask if he has had time to look at your application. Right now, there is an epic thread that is over 100 pages long about someone who got impatient and went off the deep end on his demand as to why he wasn't a member yet. Needless to say, he got approved post-haste and then banned (LOL).

BTW, I think it fair to state that Glocks are highly regarded on SIGforum. Unliked some boards, good firearms are appreciated regardless of the brand. I think it is fair to state that ripping on tupperware guns like "Glock" will not go anywhere on SIGforum. Good board, good members, good owner and moderators. SIG, HKPro, Beretta, and of course Glocktalk are my favorite firearm forums.

ForgetAboutIt
07-16-2010, 10:35
Is the Sig forum down again?

Yes. It seems to be down.

ironguy
07-16-2010, 11:32
Makes me wonder if >>>CLIFFY<<< is behind this :D

Firecop203
07-16-2010, 16:51
How "long" does it exactly take? I first signed up maybe three or four months ago... nothing happened... signed up again a month later (using a different non-Hotmail/Yahoo address) again nothing... so I signed up again a month later... sure enough, nothing!!! I sent an email to their web master... nothing. It's been one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had in dealing with a forum... When I sign up, I don't include my address where it asks for it... I give them my city/state, but not the address. Could this be it? It's not a requirement... I don't know. I really love that forum for SIG-related items and classifieds, but it's of no use if I can't make posts and/or communicate with others...

I have problems with them too. I signed up, became a member, asked a couple of questions on some threads and all of a sudden I'm banned!

I've tried contacting the webmasters several times and I got no response. No one can or will tell me why.

wingspar
07-16-2010, 19:22
Yes. It seems to be down.

Itís back up now. Seems to go down about once a month. Wonder if they are just doing maintenance, and just donít say anything.

phm14
02-03-2011, 18:46
I have problems with them too. I signed up, became a member, asked a couple of questions on some threads and all of a sudden I'm banned!

I've tried contacting the webmasters several times and I got no response. No one can or will tell me why.

Your not alone. They have run off a lot of good members for little more than disagreeing with them (mods/admin). It seems to be run like a little dictatorship, and if you say something they don't like-poof, your gone. I was just over there, reading a thread where the OP had asked about Buds Gun Shop, and people were chiming in about their experiences, when for no reason, the "supermoderator parabellum" posts up "why is everyone talking about Buds. I'm sick of it-enough.", and locks the thread. There may be a few there that know sigs, but it seems more and more populated with a**holes (admin/mods) and a**kissers. If you don't mind walking on eggshells, cool, but as for me-no thanks.

Duece McCracken
02-06-2011, 22:01
I just tried to become a member, wtf is with them not accepting gmail. It's a ****ing email address. IF them give me a mailing address I will give them blood and semen samples along with my new email address. Ridiculous.

James Dean
02-07-2011, 18:04
SigForum's site has been down since late this afternoon.
I agree. It won.t take my gmail or aol. It says im baned and I never registeted. I emailed him or her twice. No answer so I guess maybe we need a new sig forum.

phm14
02-07-2011, 20:30
Not accepting "free" email account providers makes it harder for the multitudes of banned users to re-register under a different email & username.

James Dean
02-07-2011, 21:59
Not accepting "free" email account providers makes it harder for the multitudes of banned users to re-register under a different email & username.
They won.t even take my aol.

rfd339
02-08-2011, 17:41
I'm glad I registered years ago, because it seems to be more difficult now. :dunno:

I did the same.

jayhuh
02-09-2011, 20:18
Your not alone. They have run off a lot of good members for little more than disagreeing with them (mods/admin). It seems to be run like a little dictatorship, and if you say something they don't like-poof, your gone. I was just over there, reading a thread where the OP had asked about Buds Gun Shop, and people were chiming in about their experiences, when for no reason, the "supermoderator parabellum" posts up "why is everyone talking about Buds. I'm sick of it-enough.", and locks the thread. There may be a few there that know sigs, but it seems more and more populated with a**holes (admin/mods) and a**kissers. If you don't mind walking on eggshells, cool, but as for me-no thanks.

^^^^ This.

James Dean
02-15-2011, 12:12
I done trying to contact them. I've sent e-mails for over 3 weeks asking for help registering and never get one back. I don't think there accepting new member at this time LOL. I'm just glad I can ask Sig questions here.

James Dean
03-06-2011, 11:40
I found A new Sig Forum thats accepting new members. sigtalk.com

TSAX
03-06-2011, 11:50

Thanks

phm14
03-06-2011, 12:40
'Bout time. Signed up last week :)

bcowen22001
03-06-2011, 15:34
I wonder if the same moderators of Sig Forum are also moderating sigarms556.com forum. I reg. last week for it and still cant post or read some other "member only" forums.

J. Parker
03-06-2011, 15:51
Deleted

sabre66
03-19-2011, 09:51
I agree, SigForum.com is ridiculous. I have 3 email accounts all for distinctly different reasons (work, hobbies, family) and none of them are accepted. Any site that requires more than a Gmail, Hotmail or AOL accounts to allow me to simply post or illicit general information is IMHO stupid. It's a gathering place for people to talk, not to plan an assasination or bank job. Sure there are always people that like to argue and bicker, but come on it's a freaking forum.