PDA

View Full Version : The President's prerogative

9MX
04-21-2010, 22:58
This is simply too much:steamed:

Just like manicurist, GMA gardener gets sinecure
GOTCHA By Jarius Bondoc
(The Philippine Star) Updated April 21, 2010 12:00 AM

Professionals among Malacañang’s housekeeping staff are outraged. Not only did Gloria Macapagal Arroyo appoint her personal manicurist to the board of trustees of Pag-IBIG Housing Fund.

She also earlier named her gardener as deputy of the Luneta Park Administration. Both postings are improper sinecures, Palace aides murmur.One insider feels disgust that beautician Anita Carpon and gardener Armando Macapagal were placed in positions in a departing admin.

As Pag-IBIG trustee Carpon will make P130,000 a month in per diem, plus perks, for a fixed two-year term. Macapagal’s seat as Luneta deputy earns less. But his appointment can be as dubious if he and the President happen to be related.

The Constitution and anti-graft laws prohibit government officials from appointing or transacting with kin. Another source laments that the postings were made on the sly.

Carpon was sneaked into the Pag-IBIG board along with three others after the terms of four trustees lapsed in recent weeks. But she was unable to join them in last week’s oath taking and first board meeting as she accompanied Arroyo to the US and Spain.

Macapagal’s appointment surfaced only after Carpon’s hit the headlines (Gotcha, 19 Apr. 2010). A Palace reporter says the offices of Executive Sec. Larry Mendoza and Press Sec. Cris Icban are mum about the appointments, likely made during the election ban.

A third insider doubts the two appointees’ credentials. Macapagal supposedly landscapes Malacañang lawns but does not manage people. Carpon is not known for financial expertise to oversee the multibillion-peso housing mutual fund of all employees. Nicknamed Nitz, she is often scolded by Arroyo for mismatching presidential handbags and shoes.

In 2005 Arroyo named her personal dentist Leonor Rosero as head of the Professional Regulation Commission. Soon after, widespread cheating rocked the nursing licensure exams.

Kaiser Soze
04-22-2010, 00:37
Errrr...did they pass the civil service examinations?

ahtsay
04-22-2010, 01:31
I remember when ERAP was being impeached and GMA was to replace him. People were very optimistic about GMA, saying she would be a good president. :upeyes: Sa tingin ko walang ring mangyayari when we choose our next president, sana lang not as bad as GMA.
Manicurista and Hardinero????? :wow:

Clusterbomb
04-22-2010, 05:15
Errrr...did they pass the civil service examinations?

Did you have the Civil Service Professional Career Service Exam in mind?

Nope, not required for Presidential appointees.

choi_tan2000
04-22-2010, 05:47
Did you have the Civil Service Professional Career Service Exam in mind?

Nope, not required for Presidential appointees.

a rank and file is required in fact a lot of low rank govt empoyes has t be fired because they fail to pass CSC exam, but those appointees kahit ala credential pwede how ironic.

sad

kontra
04-22-2010, 07:21
why am i not surprised?

crazy_hans
04-22-2010, 07:55
why am i not surprised?

kasi sanay na tayo:supergrin:

Allegra
04-22-2010, 09:02
civil service, di ba pang high school yan exam na yan?

Hopefully we get a good dictator as next president

kristiansen
04-22-2010, 09:06
civil service, di ba pang high school yan exam na yan?

Hopefully we get a good dictator as next president

yes.gordon-bayani......:cool:

Allegra
04-22-2010, 09:37
yes.gordon-bayani......:cool:

hehe yup , I'm for Gordon - BF

Pero in fairness , Gibo I think is smart enough to know that the only way susunod sa batas ang Pilipino kailangan ng bangis
Nga lang , who is he? i dont know him well enough kung may integrity behind the brilliance

Si Villar , ewan ko lang
baka dinivide na Pilipinas sa NP :)

Noynoy maybe honest like Cory , pero what about the people around him

Erap? para sya sa mahirap
Di iboboto nang BOGs yan

9MX
04-22-2010, 10:17
the hobbit in the palace is defending the appointment, to represent the poor daw. inaabuso na nga authority, iniinsulto pa ang intelligence natin.

9MX
04-22-2010, 10:18
Erap? para sya sa mahirap
Di iboboto nang BOGs yan

oo naman, go bigtime tayo dito:rofl:

mtho
04-22-2010, 11:26
I remember when ERAP was being impeached and GMA was to replace him. People were very optimistic about GMA, saying she would be a good president. :upeyes: Sa tingin ko walang ring mangyayari when we choose our next president, sana lang not as bad as GMA.
Manicurista and Hardinero????? :wow:

at least si erap jueteng money(not govt money) yung ginalaw, para sa mindanao pa yun. ito di nakontanto sa mga tax money dinagdagan pa ng evat:steamed:

Wp.22
04-22-2010, 17:51
mga puso nyo easy lang mga bro

Kaiser Soze
04-22-2010, 18:53
at least si erap jueteng money(not govt money) yung ginalaw, para sa mindanao pa yun. ito di nakontanto sa mga tax money dinagdagan pa ng evat:steamed:

From how I understand the jueteng system, jueteng money comes from the poorer people, the small time betters, all those coins add up. Jueteng is a fixed game, and takes advantage of the poor, IMHO mas masama pa nga na jueteng money ang ginagalaw niya dahil misrepresentation, Erap para sa mahirap daw, pero Erap dumale sa pera ng mahirap ang nangyari

9MX
04-22-2010, 19:06
From how I understand the jueteng system, jueteng money comes from the poorer people, the small time betters, all those coins add up. Jueteng is a fixed game, and takes advantage of the poor, IMHO mas masama pa nga na jueteng money ang ginagalaw niya dahil misrepresentation, Erap para sa mahirap daw, pero Erap dumale sa pera ng mahirap ang nangyari

before anything else, hindi ako maka-erap. however,

jueteng is a gambling game made accessible to everyone, walang pilitan.
a lot of pinoys are sugarol in different shapes and sizes
i do agree na may misrepresentation pero its not govt. money. i'm not saying its good, but its not as bad as what the hobbit in the palace and her family have done and continue to do

ahtsay
04-22-2010, 19:16
before anything else, hindi ako maka-erap. however,

jueteng is a gambling game made accessible to everyone, walang pilitan.
a lot of pinoys are sugarol in different shapes and sizes
i do agree na may misrepresentation pero its not govt. money. i'm not saying its good, but its not as bad as what the hobbit in the palace and her family have done and continue to do

I agree with this. Hinde naman sila pinipilit mag sugal eh. If it's not jueteng, it will be tong-its, sabong, or whatever they can gamble on.
May narinig nga akong rumor na yung lotto ngayon, iisa lang daw ang nanalo :whistling: (come to think of it, do we really know who wins? May kakilala na ba kayo directly na nanalo ng lotto? :dunno: )

PMMA97
04-22-2010, 19:27
Not unlike sa US where lotto winners faces are plastered all over the place to have some kind of transparency.

choi_tan2000
04-22-2010, 19:35
This is simply too much:steamed:

Just like manicurist, GMA gardener gets sinecure
GOTCHA By Jarius Bondoc
(The Philippine Star) Updated April 21, 2010 12:00 AM

Professionals among Malacañang’s housekeeping staff are outraged. Not only did Gloria Macapagal Arroyo appoint her personal manicurist to the board of trustees of Pag-IBIG Housing Fund.

She also earlier named her gardener as deputy of the Luneta Park Administration. Both postings are improper sinecures, Palace aides murmur.One insider feels disgust that beautician Anita Carpon and gardener Armando Macapagal were placed in positions in a departing admin.

As Pag-IBIG trustee Carpon will make P130,000 a month in per diem, plus perks, for a fixed two-year term. Macapagal’s seat as Luneta deputy earns less. But his appointment can be as dubious if he and the President happen to be related.

The Constitution and anti-graft laws prohibit government officials from appointing or transacting with kin. Another source laments that the postings were made on the sly.

Carpon was sneaked into the Pag-IBIG board along with three others after the terms of four trustees lapsed in recent weeks. But she was unable to join them in last week’s oath taking and first board meeting as she accompanied Arroyo to the US and Spain.

Macapagal’s appointment surfaced only after Carpon’s hit the headlines (Gotcha, 19 Apr. 2010). A Palace reporter says the offices of Executive Sec. Larry Mendoza and Press Sec. Cris Icban are mum about the appointments, likely made during the election ban.

A third insider doubts the two appointees’ credentials. Macapagal supposedly landscapes Malacañang lawns but does not manage people. Carpon is not known for financial expertise to oversee the multibillion-peso housing mutual fund of all employees. Nicknamed Nitz, she is often scolded by Arroyo for mismatching presidential handbags and shoes.

In 2005 Arroyo named her personal dentist Leonor Rosero as head of the Professional Regulation Commission. Soon after, widespread cheating rocked the nursing licensure exams.

in a government agency, gocc etc. a lowest ranking rank n file employee needs a college degree and passed CSC prof exam. to be in the service.

plus off course to higher positions like press vice pres etc. masters degree etcetc. phd if necessary .

now all this people will be under the board of trustee's which approves, reviews and changes its policies. also reviews and approves big ticket accounts n the case of pag ibig any loans projects etc above 20million will be subject to the approval of BOT.

and yet the pag ibig pres ok lang daw yun. well maybe, para di mahirap mag paaprove nga kahit anung reccomendation nila. and if things go wrong and probably will go wrong they can easily blame the poor member of BOT's

another sad story.

isa talagang alamat ang admin na ito

Allegra
04-22-2010, 21:38
I dont have a problem, w/ the gambling itself
Yung pagka illegal ng jueteng ang problema
Kelanagna bayaran from LGU hanggang top of the PNP chain of command
Nagiging SOP na ang corruption
Normal na , hindi abnormal

Pero kung may pera ka din lang , maganda mag finance ng jueteng
Basta everybody happy , it's good business

Kaiser Soze
04-22-2010, 22:22
I agree with this. Hinde naman sila pinipilit mag sugal eh. If it's not jueteng, it will be tong-its, sabong, or whatever they can gamble on.
May narinig nga akong rumor na yung lotto ngayon, iisa lang daw ang nanalo :whistling: (come to think of it, do we really know who wins? May kakilala na ba kayo directly na nanalo ng lotto? :dunno: )

@Nix/ahtsay - I agree, nobody forces these people to gamble, but the jueteng system is designed to hook the poor into playing it, they are the real target for this game because piso-piso lang may taya ka na (according to our driver, in some areas pwede pa rin tumaya ng singkwenta sentimos, although this is rare now). Erap accepted jueteng payola so he could extend protection for an illegal numbers game that targets the poor, so this is still unacceptable. This makes him truly a grade-A a-hole in my book, he accepted millions to protected a game that actually keeps poor people living in squalor, and yet projects an image that he is one of them and is looking out for their best interests. :steamed:

That being said, I do agree that this current leadership we have is possibly the one of the worst administrations to ever come into power. What we have now is the worst COMELEC, the worst Supreme Court, and the worst PNP Chief. This COMELEC is filled with very questionable decisions and deals, the Supreme Court (with the exception of a few Justices like Puno) is seemingly toothless, and we all know that the current PNP Chief likes to believe that this gun ban period is amazingly peaceful and crime free...:upeyes:

Sorry if this has turned into a bit of a rant. Madami pa akong gustong sabihin, pero sumasakit lang ang batok ko...

bikethief
04-22-2010, 23:23
Perfect President:

Noynoy's integrity
Erap's mass appeal
Villar's billions
Gibo's youth and intelligence
Gordon's dick

Wp.22
04-22-2010, 23:26
I know someone who is addicted to jueteng that she bets 300 pesos a everyday for the 3 daily draws. Di bale walang makain basta may taya lang.

mtho
04-22-2010, 23:50
Kaiser,
would you agree that we came from bad to wost from erap to gma. at least nung ke erap it was suppose to end in 2004, ke gma no end in sight just hoping. oh well. i guess we get what we deserve.

Kaiser Soze
04-23-2010, 01:04
Kaiser,
would you agree that we came from bad to wost from erap to gma. at least nung ke erap it was suppose to end in 2004, ke gma no end in sight just hoping. oh well. i guess we get what we deserve.

I had such high hopes (I think a lot of us did) for GMA and the new government that replaced Erap's Midnight Cabinet, and I gave her the benefit of the doubt for a looooong time. I camped out at Edsa for 3 days, marched to Malacanang to evict Erap from the Palace, I even defended her against her critics at the beginning, and campaigned for her during the election when she ran against FPJ...but I can't do it anymore. The corruption going on right now isn't even done with any discretion or guile, its all blatant, and like 9MX said, ginagawa pa tayong tanga.

As for ERAP, yes it was a bad situation, but I can't give any comment about him leaving in 2004. He also did some pretty blatant things, and enjoyed the perks that came with the power or being President, so we'll never know if he'd try to hold on to that power beyond his term.

mtho
04-23-2010, 01:53
evidently he's not smart enough to hold on to power. and besides i hoped that they just proceeded with the impeachment, i think edsa starts a bad presidence and anytime a minority is unhappy they could always do an edsa and we would always be unstable

pogi
04-23-2010, 02:22
Opps opps opps...huwag mawalan ng pag-asa.
MAY BUKAS PA!
Kita nyo naman nangunguna sa surveys:

Sa Senate:
Jinggoy
Revilla
Lapid
Sotto
...ewan ko yung iba!
Oh di ba ANG GAGALING NG MGA YAN?

Sa QC
Bistek
Aiko
Ogie Diaz
Ara Mina
Alfred Vargas
Arnel Ignacio
Jobert Sucaldito
Mama Monchang
...at marami pang iba.

PANGINOON KO...buti na lang Singaporean na'ko!

Kaiser Soze
04-23-2010, 02:59
evidently he's not smart enough to hold on to power. and besides i hoped that they just proceeded with the impeachment, i think edsa starts a bad precedent and anytime a minority is unhappy they could always do an edsa and we would always be unstable

The first EDSA was a good one, it toppled a dictator and gave us a lot of our freedoms back (whether or not some of those freedoms helped the nation, well, that's open to debate)...but I now suffer from "People Power Fatigue". Sawa na ako eh. Everytime somebody doesn't get his way, they try to take to the streets. Is there a time and place for peaceful civil disobedience? Of course. But we Filipinos try to use it for everything, and for flimsy reasons.

I would have welcomed the impeachment to continue as well...but well, 11 Senators (some who pogi mentioned in his post) pretty much killed the trial by blocking the opening of the 2nd Envelope which contained more proof of Erap's guilt and we had another EDSA.

ahtsay
04-23-2010, 03:06
Nasaan na si Santino???!!!! :crying:

have you guys seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Gpi_l4PxQ&feature=related

Pogi mahirap talaga pumili noh? Like choosing between a rock and a hard place :supergrin:

Kaiser sino ang presidential choice mo this year? Kung tumakbo sana si pogi, siya iboboto ko! :supergrin:

edtf
04-23-2010, 04:39
Perfect President:

Noynoy's integrity
Erap's mass appeal
Villar's billions
Gibo's youth and intelligence
Gordon's dick

:rofl: I like this!! - how about Jamby???

Allegra
04-23-2010, 05:06
Mas worse ba ngayon?
i hate GMA as much as anyone else pero mas ok naman business climate ngayon kesa nung kay erap

mtho
04-23-2010, 08:54
Opps opps opps...huwag mawalan ng pag-asa.
MAY BUKAS PA!
Kita nyo naman nangunguna sa surveys:

Sa Senate:
Jinggoy
Revilla
Lapid
Sotto
...ewan ko yung iba!
Oh di ba ANG GAGALING NG MGA YAN?

Sa QC
Bistek
Aiko
Ogie Diaz
Ara Mina
Alfred Vargas
Arnel Ignacio
Jobert Sucaldito
Mama Monchang
...at marami pang iba.

PANGINOON KO...buti na lang Singaporean na'ko!

kinalimunatn mo naman yung manok na tin si AD

mtho
04-23-2010, 08:56
The first EDSA was a good one, it toppled a dictator and gave us a lot of our freedoms back (whether or not some of those freedoms helped the nation, well, that's open to debate)...but I now suffer from "People Power Fatigue". Sawa na ako eh. Everytime somebody doesn't get his way, they try to take to the streets. Is there a time and place for peaceful civil disobedience? Of course. But we Filipinos try to use it for everything, and for flimsy reasons.

I would have welcomed the impeachment to continue as well...but well, 11 Senators (some who pogi mentioned in his post) pretty much killed the trial by blocking the opening of the 2nd Envelope which contained more proof of Erap's guilt and we had another EDSA.

now that you remember what he did during the impeachment this time you'll have a say if he's going to be reelcted again. me oras din sila.

mtho
04-23-2010, 08:58
Mas worse ba ngayon?
i hate GMA as much as anyone else pero mas ok naman business climate ngayon kesa nung kay erap

yeah yung biggest broker ngayon ng importations is FG so ang bilis mag smuggle, tapos si first son naman nagbebenta ng resibo kaya walang sabit.

Allegra
04-23-2010, 12:43
yeah yung biggest broker ngayon ng importations is FG so ang bilis mag smuggle, tapos si first son naman nagbebenta ng resibo kaya walang sabit.

but they dont really affect the general business climate
Unlike nung time ni erap , you better not mess w/ his friends
Look at teh perception in international business community sa palakad ni erap

besides erap's families were not exactly living in poverty during his presidency

pogi
04-23-2010, 21:40
Pogi mahirap talaga pumili noh? Like choosing between a rock and a hard place :supergrin:

Kaiser sino ang presidential choice mo this year? Kung tumakbo sana si pogi, siya iboboto ko! :supergrin:

Right Clarence. Kaya ako-di na'ko bumoboto. Dalang-dala na'ko.
A person could espouse determination to STOP-ERADICATE-MINIMIZE mal & mis feasance in govt. But this is "suntok sa buwan". WHAT WILL THOSE "AMUYONGS" & "TRAPOS" & "BASAHANS" ASK FOR WHEN THE GUY GETS ELECTED?

Ano kapalit ng mga "paghihirap" nila ngayon?

They will claim...PUBLIC SERVICE. WE JUST WANT TO SERVE. (the famous lines of a world champion boxer, the almost "laos ng" artista, radio reporters & commentators & anchors at kung sino-sino pang herodes.

For them PUBLIC SERVICE is to PROMOTE MENDICANCY. For them, A PUBLIC SERVANT is one who GIVES ABULOY to:
1. kasal
2. birthday
3. binyag
4. burol
5. libing
6. street basketball courts
7. waiting sheds
8. etc.

How can somebody, though champion in his/her field (as boxer, court player, screen person, media personality), file & sponsor bills-defend his matter in different committees-stand erect in the FLOOR to discuss his piece- ANSWER INTERPELLATIONS from the FLOOR...when he cannot even talk straight english . YES, he can hire ADVISERS. Can he discern the advices of his advicers? YES, scripts could be written for him to just read in the FLOOR. How about-IF THERE WOULD BE QUESTIONS, deeper queries, NOT in the script? magkakamot na lang siya ng ulo?

I am NOT rich BUT I do think and I use my "kalbong coconut".
Bakit MARAMI SA ATIN ANG MGA NAGHIHIRAP? Kasi sila yung mga bumoboto lang ng dahil SIKAT ang mga ibinoboto nila. Ng dahil sa mga PANGAKONG..."gusto kong magsilbi".

Kapag NAKAUPO na yung IBINOTO nila-isa o 2 beses mabibigyan sila ng ABULOY para pangkain nila, pagpapagamot nila, pang eskuwela nila, pang burol at panglibing nila. PAGKATAPOS NUN...ANO NA SUSUNOD? Araw araw ka bang AASA sa mga IBINOTO mo? Hindi ka na papansinin niyan!

Kaya, HALA MGA KAPATID...SUGOD...IBOTO NINYO MGA SIKAT...ang mga sikat na ang qualification lang ay ANG PAGIGING SIKAT.

Pagkatapos, HUWAG KAYONG IIYAK-IYAK SA TABI at MAGREREKLAMONG...
MAHIRAP PA RIN KAMI!

MAGDUSA KAYO!!!PWEH!

pogi
04-23-2010, 22:00
On the lighter side:

AM NOT campaigning for anybody or do particularly like a candidate.
The 3 units of Political Science that I passed with a grade of 74.99 (NAPAKIUSAPAN KO PROF.) dwelling in my subconscious dictate that I have to issue a prediction...(WOW this is argueable and subject to debate):

MY PREDECTION:
FOR PRISIDINT
1. VELLAR
2. GEBO
3. NUYNUY
4. GURDUN
5. IRAP

FOR BEEF, EHE VEEP pala
1. MAR
2. LUREN
3. BENAY

SINIT
ayoko! kung sinu sinu na naman papasok diy-an.
basta hula ku...dehins mananalo yung MGA "protege" nung nasa rehas PATI na ilang AMUYONGs na NAKAPALIGID dun sa MGA PROTEGEs na lumusob sa PANSITAN at KINUBKOB ang toilet nila Mark Ho na punong-puno ng foreigners nuon-at IBINALYA pa ng mga barangay tanod yung KARITON sa loob ng SALA ng toilet nila Mark Ho. Hehehehehe! Biglang SIKAT NO? Media mileage par excellance!

Hay naku.
Putok na putok nako.
Ala pang nalabas na amm- sa bibig ni KRISTA!

Allegra
04-23-2010, 22:48
Fafa, dont give up on us babe!

Kung mahina character o kaya kulang sa talino ang top official
Yup , patay tayo sa mga amuyong at cronies

Pero kung atapang atao
Strong leader ika nga
Disciplinado tao nyan

Ex. , I dont think Duterte's crew umaabuso ng authority
Ewan ko , i'm not from Davao , pero daming kakilala ko gusto tumira sa Davao

So siguro , tingnan nyo mga anak ng iboboto nyo
Kung abusado din , malamang pati tao nya wala din displina

pogi
04-23-2010, 23:30
Fafa, dont give up on us babe!

Kung mahina character o kaya kulang sa talino ang top official
Yup , patay tayo sa mga amuyong at cronies

Pero kung atapang atao
Strong leader ika nga
Disciplinado tao nyan

I agree. Dapat parang Lee Kuan Yew.
But I, my feel lang, dont see it in any of the PRISIDINSIYABOLS except from: Gordon & Gibo. Opinion ko ulit ha...others are meek at madaling magka-weekend cabinet.

9MX
04-23-2010, 23:32
[/SIZE]

sinungaling, simputi ng bb. pilipinas candidate ang binti mo tapos sasabihin mo, di ka rich?:tongueout:

tsaka bawal mahirap dito sa bog, go bigtime tayo dito:rofl::supergrin:

Allegra
04-24-2010, 09:41
sinungaling, simputi ng bb. pilipinas candidate ang binti mo tapos sasabihin mo, di ka rich?:tongueout:

tsaka bawal mahirap dito sa bog, go bigtime tayo dito:rofl::supergrin:

napatingin tuloy ako sa binti ko
darn it, native na native ang kulay
That's it
No more making halubilo w/ sun-baked plebeians

sandman_sy
04-24-2010, 09:57
Perfect President:

Gordon's dick
hahaahahahahah :rofl:

PMMA97
04-24-2010, 18:27
LADLAD goes for Gordon and Bayani.

May Dick ka na, may BF ka pa.

Kaiser Soze
04-25-2010, 08:42
:rofl: I like this!! - how about Jamby???

Oo nga naman BikeThief. Jamby's got a bigger dick than Gordon. :tongueout:

As for my candidate, honestly, I'm undecided. My heart says Noynoy, but the fact that he has relatives with a lot to gain with his presidency makes me a bit nervous.

My head says Gibo because he is smart, and his answers during the Presidential debates have been quite surprising. Surprisingly good, I mean, he doesn't pander to the crowd as Chiz Escudero often does, and he seems to be willing to make unpopular decisions for the betterment of the country. He just doesn't seem to be winnable.

Erap...well...next please. Kasisimba ko lang, ayokong magkasala.

Tama nga, si Pogi na nga lang siguro.

PS. Pogi, thanks for your post about our poverty being the result of a culture of mendicancy. I agree with you 100%, but politicos are not the only ones to blame. That's the reason as to why I'd like to have 5 minutes of Octagon time with Willie Revillame. He's another POS who's promoting a culture of mendicancy in the guise of "helping the poor" and "giving back to the country". PWEH.

mtho
04-25-2010, 10:03
but they dont really affect the general business climate
Unlike nung time ni erap , you better not mess w/ his friends
Look at teh perception in international business community sa palakad ni erap

besides erap's families were not exactly living in poverty during his presidency

i know people who own factories that end up importing finished products because of the wholesale smuggling thats available. the became traders instead of manufacturers of local products. they didn't have a choice their cost of manufacturing was higher that what is being retailed in the market. so instead of employing lots of factory workers they cut down their man power to delivery and storage personel. i'm guessing their earnings are still the same plus less people to manage but the overall effect is that a lot of people lost their jobs and when the time comes that the smuggling stops where do you find the skilled workers? there would be a learning period and economic loss at that point overall.

mtho
04-25-2010, 10:19
Right Clarence. Kaya ako-di na'ko bumoboto. Dalang-dala na'ko.
A person could espouse determination to STOP-ERADICATE-MINIMIZE mal & mis feasance in govt. But this is "suntok sa buwan". WHAT WILL THOSE "AMUYONGS" & "TRAPOS" & "BASAHANS" ASK FOR WHEN THE GUY GETS ELECTED?

Ano kapalit ng mga "paghihirap" nila ngayon?

They will claim...PUBLIC SERVICE. WE JUST WANT TO SERVE. (the famous lines of a world champion boxer, the almost "laos ng" artista, radio reporters & commentators & anchors at kung sino-sino pang herodes.

For them PUBLIC SERVICE is to PROMOTE MENDICANCY. For them, A PUBLIC SERVANT is one who GIVES ABULOY to:
1. kasal
2. birthday
3. binyag
4. burol
5. libing
6. street basketball courts
7. waiting sheds
8. etc.

How can somebody, though champion in his/her field (as boxer, court player, screen person, media personality), file & sponsor bills-defend his matter in different committees-stand erect in the FLOOR to discuss his piece- ANSWER INTERPELLATIONS from the FLOOR...when he cannot even talk straight english . YES, he can hire ADVISERS. Can he discern the advices of his advicers? YES, scripts could be written for him to just read in the FLOOR. How about-IF THERE WOULD BE QUESTIONS, deeper queries, NOT in the script? magkakamot na lang siya ng ulo?

Bakit MARAMI SA ATIN ANG MGA NAGHIHIRAP? Kasi sila yung mga bumoboto lang ng dahil SIKAT ang mga ibinoboto nila. Ng dahil sa mga PANGAKONG..."gusto kong magsilbi".

Kapag NAKAUPO na yung IBINOTO nila-isa o 2 beses mabibigyan sila ng ABULOY para pangkain nila, pagpapagamot nila, pang eskuwela nila, pang burol at panglibing nila. PAGKATAPOS NUN...ANO NA SUSUNOD? Araw araw ka bang AASA sa mga IBINOTO mo? Hindi ka na papansinin niyan!

Kaya, HALA MGA KAPATID...SUGOD...IBOTO NINYO MGA SIKAT...ang mga sikat na ang qualification lang ay ANG PAGIGING SIKAT.

Pagkatapos, HUWAG KAYONG IIYAK-IYAK SA TABI at MAGREREKLAMONG...
MAHIRAP PA RIN KAMI!

MAGDUSA KAYO!!!PWEH!

Lolo, if you give up that only means that they won, we should do our share and educate or point to others the big picture on whats happening. if they give you abuloy then tangapin nila give naman yun diba and walang kapalit dapat. yun naman ang sabi nila . pero wag nila tanawin na utang yun at dapat bayaran sa election. choose from their heart kung sino yung talagang sa tingin nila best suited to be leaders. let them know that its their moment to shine and the moment that they have power and it shouldn't be sold cheaply.
if you give up now you only become part of the problem, kasi yung nakakaintindi ng tama wala namang pakiaalam. tapos yung mga magdedesisyon wala naman alam.

Allegra
04-25-2010, 18:07
Oo nga naman BikeThief. Jamby's got a bigger dick than Gordon. :tongueout:

As for my candidate, honestly, I'm undecided. My heart says Noynoy, but the fact that he has relatives with a lot to gain with his presidency makes me a bit nervous.

My head says Gibo because he is smart, and his answers during the Presidential debates have been quite surprising. Surprisingly good, I mean, he doesn't pander to the crowd as Chiz Escudero often does, and he seems to be willing to make unpopular decisions for the betterment of the country. He just doesn't seem to be winnable.

Erap...well...next please. Kasisimba ko lang, ayokong magkasala.

Tama nga, si Pogi na nga lang siguro.

PS. Pogi, thanks for your post about our poverty being the result of a culture of mendicancy. I agree with you 100%, but politicos are not the only ones to blame. That's the reason as to why I'd like to have 5 minutes of Octagon time with Willie Revillame. He's another POS who's promoting a culture of mendicancy in the guise of "helping the poor" and "giving back to the country". PWEH.

I actually admire Willie
Malakas talaga siya sa CD crowd kasi namimigay siya ng pera
What really amazes me is kung gano siya kalakas sa balikbayan
WTF!?
They dont need money , what's their excuse :)

Culture of medicancy ay kapartner ng patronage politics
I wouldnt blame the poor jan
Totally nawalan na sila ng pagasa

That's what I want as pres
A charismatic leader of men

mtho
04-25-2010, 21:22
I actually admire Willie
Malakas talaga siya sa CD crowd kasi namimigay siya ng pera
WTF!?

Culture of medicancy ay kapartner ng patronage politics
I wouldnt blame the poor jan
Totally nawalan na sila ng pagasa

That's what I want as pres
A charismatic leader of men

that would be great, if only someone can say to be deciplined and follow the laws and people would follow

Allegra
04-25-2010, 22:47
that would be great, if only someone can say to be deciplined and follow the laws and people would follow

The same reason why people follow traffic rules sa subic
Why no would dare throw a cigarette butt sa kalye sa puerto princesa
Or why Davao City is so peaceful
Or why pinoys follow the law sa ibang bansa

Kaiser Soze
04-26-2010, 09:28
WTF!?

I asked some relatives about this (they were asking if I could get them Wowowee passes) and my aunt told me that it was cool to be seen on the most popular program here and in the Filipino community in the US, and they "want to help" by giving a couple of dollars here and there. I told her that a few bucks wouldn't change that person's life, instead it'd make that person not work and instead line up again at the studio in the hopes of getting on the show again.

She told me to just get the ********** passes.

I got her the ********** passes. :upeyes:

9MX
04-26-2010, 09:54
WTF!?

maybe because his brand of entertainment really has that pinoy flavor that they sorely miss abroad

Wp.22
04-26-2010, 18:16
pag masaya ang tao nakakalimutan na mahirap siya = willie R.

pogi
04-26-2010, 20:02
WTF!?

The REAL reason:
It is NOT because of the host.
TFC was ahead in the international market than GMA's Pinoy Channel.
After long hours of work in foreign land (either from single or multi jobs)...you will try to get some rest at home. Marketing people of the show are "brilliant enough" to air (and re-air) said show during rest hours of these workforce. More often, these guys would watch TFC as they miss "home".

Eh di palaging mukha niya makikita, matatandaan, hahangaan etc.

Example:
I have a "pinsan" who works doubly hard in "tate". HE HATES FILIPINO
MOVIES. Pero PUSOY siya sa "tate". Missing home, wala siyang mapanood na maganda-gandang channel to showcase Philippines...kundi IYANG LINTIK NA IYAN! Eh di kilalang kilala niya yung host.

They watch "for convenience" NOT because they like.

mtho
04-26-2010, 22:40
Pogi eh di padalhan mo dbd ni crysta at pacman para iba naman mapanuod nya, or better yet yung maricar show ang padala mo malamang makalimutan na nya si wil.

pogi
04-26-2010, 22:44
Pogi eh di padalhan mo dbd ni crysta at pacman para iba naman mapanuod nya, or better yet yung maricar show ang padala mo malamang makalimutan na nya si wil.

pssst, meron ba? peram.

mtho
04-26-2010, 23:47
pssst, meron ba? peram.

alin yung ke krista at pacman? meron yung title eh wapakman di mo ba napanuod nung filmfest?

9MX
04-27-2010, 01:31
alin yung ke krista at pacman? meron yung title eh wapakman di mo ba napanuod nung filmfest?

:rofl::rofl: naka iskor si spark dito