Are we ready for this? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Are we ready for this?

bikethief
04-22-2010, 23:30
Between this threat and the escalating hostilities between the 2 Korea's, is the Philippines ready to get involved? Whatchutink?

http://en.epochtimes.com/news/5-8-8/31055.html

edtf
04-23-2010, 00:55
Between this threat and the escalating hostilities between the 2 Korea's, is the Philippines ready to get involved? Whatchutink?

http://en.epochtimes.com/news/5-8-8/31055.html

Are we ready - NO but ready or not we will be sucked into it. I have a feeling we will be one of the first targets

darwin25
04-23-2010, 03:09
If I was China and I want to invade Taiwan, I would also invade the Philippines.

WHY?

Because the Philippines sits between China and the Pacific and serves as a buffer against the US.

Can the US fight China from the Diego Garcia? NO
Can the US fight China from Okinawa? NO
Can the US fight China from Guam? Not likely
Can the US fight China from South Korea? Not without igniting a full blown war with North Korea. And the situation is different now. All 3 have nuclear weapons.

But the US fought the Vietnam war from the Philippines. The Japanese controlled the tide of the war in the pacific from the Philippines. Both US and China needs Philippine territory.

My theory is if this tension between the 2 Koreas explode, the US gets automatically involved. China will also become involved and might as well take the opportunity to invade Taiwan.

And what about us, we're sitting ducks

atmarcella
04-23-2010, 03:39
unrealistic in my opinion. even taiwan they cant invade. they have to decimate the 7th fleet for that to happen. tough luck. i hear those ticonderoga class cruisers are a pain in the ass.

darwin25
04-23-2010, 03:58
China doesn't need to decimate no fleet if they can establish foothold and bases in the Philippines.

Allegra
04-23-2010, 04:36
Why would china invade?
It's bad for business
Chinese already control 90% of South east asian economies
Panay pa pautang sa mga bansa tulad natin

Sun Tzu
Conquer your enemy w/out using force
Why would they destroy when they can just own :)

Yung Korea , yun ang mahirap
Puro may toyo mga yan

darwin25
04-23-2010, 04:39
The question is why would China invade? My premise is IF China would invade and if I was China, that is how I would do it.

Phoenix_III
04-23-2010, 06:09
Did you guys read the rest of the speech about 'Cleaning America', IE using Biological weapons so they live in our real-estate...

How China is > Nazi Germany, and has the rights to America, as they discovered it first, racially superior, etc...

MAJINKONG
04-23-2010, 06:30
Korea will not wage war against pinas.. why? because dami na koreano dito sa atin at gusto na nila bilhin ang pinas... But, if not ma amend ang constitution natin by the next pres., baka invade na lang nila tayo.

Allegra
04-23-2010, 06:40
Well, they couldnt verify it naman pero...
fastest growing economy sa buong mundo , biglang maghahanap ng away ??
W/ their biggest trading partner pa
maluluke nekosyo

Di ba mga ...eherm poor countries lang mahilig sa basag ulo?

MAJINKONG
04-23-2010, 16:20
yes sir, basag ulo kapag poor countries. Pag rich they send tanks, spec forces, at carriers. Pag koreans... hmmmmm, they will just go directly to PGMA.

atmarcella
04-23-2010, 22:49
China doesn't need to decimate no fleet if they can establish foothold and bases in the Philippines

in order to establish a foothold aka beachead you have to decimate the fleet otherwise they would stop you from establishing that beachead.

if the chinese try to set up a base here.... legally? ayaw ng mga taga UP nyan, gugulo na naman edsa hehehe.

atmarcella
04-23-2010, 22:52
decimate the fleet. diba this is what the japs tried to do when they started their campaign to dominate asia?

hindi lang nila nahuli mga flattops sa pearl diba.

isuzu
04-24-2010, 20:22
The Chinese invasion already happened a long time ago when they offered us cheap goods, (and their quality has been steadily improving). We trade with them using US dollars; we shut down local production and import goods from China, leaving a lot of Filipino workers out of the job. Our economy suffers.

Negosyante and China.