I got 2 more questions for yall [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I got 2 more questions for yall

Big Bore Fan
04-23-2010, 14:31
I'm almost finished getting everything I need to start loading. I see there are going to be times that I will need a bullet puller, are the hammer one ok/safe? Beating a bullet out seems wrong to me. The other question is I have the lee loading manual, should I get another manual to compare or can I just use the lee and compare that to company web info? Or the load sheets at Midway.

XDRoX
04-23-2010, 14:59
I'm almost finished getting everything I need to start loading. I see there are going to be times that I will need a bullet puller, are the hammer one ok/safe? Beating a bullet out seems wrong to me. The other question is I have the lee loading manual, should I get another manual to compare or can I just use the lee and compare that to company web info? Or the load sheets at Midway.

It's a good idea to have more than one manual. I like the Speer's one. Lyman makes a great one also. The hammers are perfectly safe and you should definitely get one.

Big Bore Fan
04-23-2010, 19:21
Thank's XD, I picked up the RCBS hammer on my way home. I didn't have time to thumb through the manuals I'll have to go back when I have more time.

XDRoX
04-23-2010, 19:23
Amazon is probably your best bet for a new manual. I have an RCBS hammer as well. It has come in handy on a few different occasions:whistling:

LoadedTech
04-23-2010, 20:08
Bullet hammers are a very good investment! I have a cheap FA and it works fine. I check several sources, and work the load up, Welcome to GT.

Colorado4Wheel
04-23-2010, 20:55

Most the info in the Lee manual is also available on the web. It's not a bad place to start but I would recommend a better manual. I have the Lee and the Lyman. Hodgon has a free manual as well.