What is in your off duty bag [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What is in your off duty bag

INSP CALLAHAN
04-24-2010, 06:36
I attended the police trexpo in long beach ca., one of the subjects taught was off duty tactics. They showed a video of several off duty officers confronting a b.g. Holding up a store. Several shots were fired and b.g. Goes down but not without a fight. The three off duty officers had to use an extension cord to tie him up. Police arrived 45 minutes later via helicopter. Last week I attended a terrorist awareness class that discussed the different terrorist groups in our society, and the subject came up again about off duty equipment due to off duty officers are most likely the first responder already on scene. So, my question is, what equipment do you carry in your trunk i.e. Ar's handcuffs, tact. Vest etc. One of the speakers made a statement to "load up and prepare because they are closer than you think"

MTPD
04-24-2010, 07:31
I once had a motel room burglar at gunpoint, but ended up having to let him go due to him being antsy, me being nude, the phone not working and no cuffs. I keep a pair in each vehicle nowdays.

threefeathers
04-25-2010, 10:55
I carry a Maxpedition Remura with handgun, 2 mags, disposable cuffs, bleed kit, extra cell phone batt, 3 power bars, a small plastic 6 oz bottle of water, and extra batts for my shrefire and CT laser. It packs tight but is really easy to take along.