Well...It was bound to happen [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Well...It was bound to happen

XDRoX
04-24-2010, 11:06
Do you guys think it's fixable:rofl:
It was only a matter of time I guess. The readings it was giving me today were the worst yet. I had to stand back like 25ft to get normal velocities.
So although it was an accident it felt a little good to destroy it.
R.I.P. POS Chrony:angel:
Now I have to get that old Oehler up and running that I just got. And don't worry, the screens are separate from the computer, so it stands a change.:supergrin:
http://members.cox.net/chrismosteller/chrony.jpg

IndyGunFreak
04-24-2010, 11:09
It was only a matter of time I guess. The readings it was giving me today were the worst yet. I had to stand back like 25ft to get normal velocities.
Now I have to get that old Oehler up and running that I just got. And don't worry, the screens are separate from the computer, so it stands a change.:supergrin:

:rofl:

DEADLYACCURATE
04-24-2010, 11:11
:uglylol:

XDRoX
04-24-2010, 11:12
Indy, I'm glad I could bring a smile to your Saturday.

JuneyBooney
04-24-2010, 11:13
I think it is done. Rest in peace..or pieces.:cool:

XDRoX
04-24-2010, 11:17
I think it is done. Rest in peace..or pieces.:cool:

I feel like your avatar is laughing at me.

bigdogmurph
04-24-2010, 11:22
the things we do to buy new stuff

skorittnig
04-24-2010, 11:25
Sorry this happened to you- if it makes you feel any better, the thought of accidentally shooting mine is always in the back of my mind when I'm chrono'ing.

Sight your gun in first next time- then chrono lol!

XDRoX
04-24-2010, 11:34
I forgot to add that the chrony read that the round that I shot over it right before the round that hit it was going 3200fps.
So at least it thought it got hit by a missile:rofl:

GioaJack
04-24-2010, 11:36

:uglylol:

Both of you behave yourself... the poor boy feels bad enough already, he doesn't need to be reminded by you that he can't hit the ground with a bowling ball.

He does take a nice picture though... ever think of changing hobbies?

BWAAAAAHAHAHA... oops, sorry... that was cruel. May your chrony find peace in a better place. :rofl:

Jack

XDRoX
04-24-2010, 11:39
Both of you behave yourself... the poor boy feels bad enough already, he doesn't need to be reminded by you that he can't hit the ground with a bowling ball.

He does take a nice picture though... ever think of changing hobbies?

BWAAAAAHAHAHA... oops, sorry... that was cruel. May your chrony find piece in a better place. :rofl:

Jack

Maybe you're right, I do have some good photo skills. I took this the other day.
http://members.cox.net/chrismosteller/S&W.jpg

bush pilot
04-24-2010, 12:35
I feel like your avatar is laughing at me.

It's more of a smirk and it is directed at you.

El_Ron1
04-24-2010, 12:38
When they process you back out, bp?!?

Just1More
04-24-2010, 12:40
:lv: Nice shot.

GioaJack
04-24-2010, 12:41
OH OH, just noticed, Indy's penguin is now an artist. Very convenient, a thick coat of paint and a little buffing will fix that chrony right up.

Jack

robin303
04-24-2010, 13:29
Like we say in the construction trade "The Painter will Fix It"
Just need a little putty.:supergrin:

Colorado4Wheel
04-24-2010, 14:06
Ebay is your friend. Don't forget to charge $30 for shippping. ;)

WiskyT
04-24-2010, 14:09
Just so you know, you are more than capable of shooting the screens on the Oehler, and they don't give those away. So, you had it on a tripod and with a target behind it?

stopatrain
04-24-2010, 14:12
I think it is a goner!

DEADLYACCURATE
04-24-2010, 14:17
Maybe you're right, I do have some good photo skills. I took this the other day.

:wow::drool: HOW???

alwaysshootin
04-24-2010, 15:03
Only way easier to break a chrony, is trying to shoot arrows through one. Told my buddy I wasn't comfortable shooting my traditional equipment through his, but he insisted......... He now, is a proud owner, of a new chrony! :supergrin:

dudel
04-24-2010, 16:13
Should buff right out. IIRC, Chrony will let you trade a shot up one for a replacement (or an upgrade) for a reasonable fee.

XDRoX
04-24-2010, 16:40
Just so you know, you are more than capable of shooting the screens on the Oehler, and they don't give those away. So, you had it on a tripod and with a target behind it?

I did have it on a tripod with target. I shot it toward the end of the session, after a couple hundred rounds. I was real tired and not holding as steady as earlier on. I shouldn't have kept shooting, but as the say, live and learn, right?

And I hear you about the Oehler. I'll shoot from a bench when I get it all set up.

XDRoX
04-24-2010, 16:45
:wow::drool: HOW???

Thanks DA. I turned a poster upside down and put the guns on it in front of a window with lots of natural light. I then bump up the contrast and brightness on my computer until the shadows and background almost completely disappear.
I took shots of almost all my guns. Here's a few others.
http://members.cox.net/chrismosteller/g26.jpg
http://members.cox.net/chrismosteller/Neos.jpg

Gunnut 45/454
04-24-2010, 17:04
XDRoX
Dude! I feel your pain I had the same type Chrony! I said had! Mine took a 454 Casull 300 gr WFFNGC dead center! It and the tripod that was connected to it flew 20 ft down range! It was of course DOA! It would cost you more for the parts to fix it then to buy a new one! Use it for further target practice!:supergrin:

n2extrm
04-24-2010, 17:24
Remind me not to argue with you! :rofl:

At least you seem to be taking it well. I have a CED M2 and I keep waiting to hit it. Maybe I will just by the parts now.

XDRoX
04-24-2010, 17:33
At least you seem to be taking it well.

Ya I don't know if you've been following my posts the last few weeks, but this damn chrono gave me nothing but problems. So although it made a pretty expensive target, I am glad to see it go.

n2extrm
04-24-2010, 17:58
Ya I don't know if you've been following my posts the last few weeks, but this damn chrono gave me nothing but problems. So although it made a pretty expensive target, I am glad to see it go.

Yes I saw, Just couldn't help you because I have a CED.

It is one of those things, it hurts cause it costs you. But you feel better knowing it is over and well you got the last word in. 3200 fps :rofl::wavey:

XDRoX
04-24-2010, 18:04
Yes I saw, Just couldn't help you because I have a CED.

It is one of those things, it hurts cause it costs you. But you feel better knowing it is over and well you got the last word in. 3200 fps :rofl::wavey:

It did feel good:supergrin:

GioaJack
04-24-2010, 18:10

Just finished crating up my guns, the truck should arrive at your place by Thursday. I'd like one 8X10 and two wallet size of each.

Oh, I probably don't need to mention this but they'll all need to be cleaned prior to the photos being taken.

Please take all the time you feel necessary... I don't need them until next weekend... if it stops snowing by then. :crying:

Jack

WiskyT
04-24-2010, 18:11
I did have it on a tripod with target. I shot it toward the end of the session, after a couple hundred rounds. I was real tired and not holding as steady as earlier on. I shouldn't have kept shooting, but as the say, live and learn, right?

And I hear you about the Oehler. I'll shoot from a bench when I get it all set up.

You are right about the fatigue, but I think you shot it because as you got tired, you let your eye drift off the bullseye and you fixated on the chrony. Sand bags and being on top of your game will help either way.

popeye9
04-24-2010, 18:16
Did you aim or was it an accident?

DEADLYACCURATE
04-24-2010, 19:10
Just finished crating up my guns, the truck should arrive at your place by Thursday. I'd like one 8X10 and two wallet size of each.

Oh, I probably don't need to mention this but they'll all need to be cleaned prior to the photos being taken.

Please take all the time you feel necessary... I don't need them until next weekend... if it stops snowing by then. :crying:

Jack

:rofl::supergrin::rofl:

bush pilot
04-24-2010, 20:46
When they process you back out, bp?!?

Hey Mullah, just got released out of segregation to the general population, only get 15 mins of computer time a day in the library. Tried to register at the new hangout, no luck. Heard Koski had problems too, at least they have standards.

El_Ron1
04-25-2010, 00:26
I'm gonna spray some "LUCK!" Spray from the Mexican market your way. Try again.

dla
04-25-2010, 21:55

Been there, done that. The easiest way to not do that in the future is to mount the Chrony upside down - let it look at a sheet of white paper. My camera tripod has a bottom mount. Upside down also allows you to not use the diffusers, the rods of which get shot off.

IndyGunFreak
04-25-2010, 23:48
Indy, I'm glad I could bring a smile to your Saturday.

I wouldn't have laughed had you seemed really upset about it.. :)

Enjoy your new Chrony, I hope it is reliable and dependable for you. :)

majic man
04-25-2010, 23:56
Remind me not to argue with you! :rofl:
Why? He's obviously not a very good shot!:supergrin:

:whistling:

XDRoX
04-26-2010, 00:05
I wouldn't have laughed had you seemed really upset about it.. :)

Oh, I know you were just kidding around, I hope I didn't sound bitter. I am glad to see it go.

I had that coming:supergrin:

n2extrm
04-26-2010, 18:12

I think he was settling a velocity argument with that thing! :rofl:

Colorado4Wheel
04-26-2010, 20:40
So what you going to get next. Fred is going to very disappointed if it's a CED. VERY.

XDRoX
04-26-2010, 20:59
So what you going to get next. Fred is going to very disappointed if it's a CED. VERY.

By chance I just came across an old Oehler. So looks like that'll be the next target:supergrin: Actually I'm going to wait and improve my skills before attempting to shoot it, I mean use it. I'll set up from a bench if I must. I still need to email the company and get the specs on it. And yes, I'm pretty sure Fred will put me on ignore if I shoot this one.:supergrin:
http://members.cox.net/chrismosteller/joestuff4.jpg
http://members.cox.net/chrismosteller/joestuff5.jpg
http://members.cox.net/chrismosteller/joestuff6.jpg

GioaJack
04-26-2010, 21:03
Hey, I used to have a radio that looked a lot like that... in 1957. :whistling:

Can you still get tubes for it? :dunno:

Jack

XDRoX
04-26-2010, 21:14
Hey, I used to have a radio that looked a lot like that... in 1957. :whistling:

Can you still get tubes for it? :dunno:

Jack

Man Jack, of everyone here I'd expect you to be last one to laugh at my new chrono. In fact, if I couldn't get through to Oehler my backup plan was to call you. I figured you'd have seen one before:supergrin:

As soon as I can track down six "C" batteries it's off to the range.

Colorado4Wheel
04-26-2010, 21:33
Looking forward to hearing how it works. BTW, I think Walmart sells batteries. Or a gas station, maybe Target, perhaps a grocery store, auto parts store, Radio Shack, Family Dollar, Drug Stores, K Mart, and did I mention WALMART!!!!!!! Get going already.

3rdgen40
04-26-2010, 21:40
It's a little off COM,but not a bad shot at 25 ft I guess.:supergrin:

GioaJack
04-26-2010, 21:43
Man Jack, of everyone here I'd expect you to be last one to laugh at my new chrono. In fact, if I couldn't get through to Oehler my backup plan was to call you. I figured you'd have seen one before:supergrin:

As soon as I can track down six "C" batteries it's off to the range.

Ah, my young friend, you totally misunderstood. I wasn't laughing at you, I was... ah, I was... oh, I was... I've got it, I've got it... I was caught up in the tranquility of fond memories. Yeah, that's it... fond memories. :whistling:

Jack

IndyGunFreak
04-26-2010, 21:52
Oh, I know you were just kidding around, I hope I didn't sound bitter. I am glad to see it go.

Since we're joking about it then... When I first saw it, it made me think of that episode of "The Simpsons" where Homer bought a gun. He was turning off the lights, the TV, opening cans, etc. w/ his gun.

I saw it and thought "You barely missed the off button"... :)

IGF

jmorris
04-27-2010, 07:07
I have seen many a chrono murdered in cold blood as least yours looks like it was a clean kill.

I have seen every kind of screen shot even while in boxes with only one little hole for bullet path in the center. My best advice, having yet to hit any of mine (yet) is to shoot 4" below the top shade. Also, if you are shooting on a cloudy day don't even put the shades on (and you won't hit them either). Except for the IR screens they are just looking for the shadow of the bullet as it passes over, no need to get that close.

njl
04-27-2010, 21:31
XDRoX
Dude! I feel your pain I had the same type Chrony! I said had! Mine took a 454 Casull 300 gr WFFNGC dead center! It and the tripod that was connected to it flew 20 ft down range! It was of course DOA! It would cost you more for the parts to fix it then to buy a new one! Use it for further target practice!:supergrin:

I was going to say, I wonder if anyone makes an angle iron chrony protector...but unless the angle was pretty shallow, it'd probably just launch the chrony and tripod...and break it (maybe the tripod too) differently than the bullet going through would have.

I really should find a cheaper tripod to use with my chrony. I've been using a relatively nice high end photography tripod.