dry fire? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : dry fire?

527varmint
04-24-2010, 18:56
Is it ok to dry fire a G-20? Or should I order some snap caps along with my ammo?

I went down and did all the paperwork today. Love the od green! It is sweet! I had to show I know how to safely handle the gun. I have never really played with a glock before. I need to get some practice with it so I can operate everything about it with my eyes closed. Its most likely if I ever had to use the gun it is going to be total darkness.

I'm going to order my simply rugged holster today or tomarrow I already contacted rob. I'm going to get it with a chest rig and horizontal shoulder rig. Of course it can be carried strong side or cross draw. Its going to be awesome! I am soooooo excited! I also signed for my new tikka and the leupold scope is sitting here waiting!

Bullman
04-25-2010, 04:40
It never hurts to use snap caps, saves any possible wear and tear you might put on the striker. That said, I know folks that have dry fired thousands of simulated rounds without and have not harmed their strikers. You should be okay till you get some snap caps.

DrtyHarry
04-25-2010, 08:39
Don't think you need them on a Glock, but I use them anyway.

DH