Buffalo Bore .38 special +P LSWCHP [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bore .38 special +P LSWCHP

Ken43
04-24-2010, 22:04
I have been looking for the LWCHP +P everywhere. I found that Remington, Winchester, and Buffalo Bore load this bullet. I finally found a box of Buffalo Bore. Are all three manufactures about the same? Would this round be safe to shoot in my new LCR? Everyone says the Buffalo Bore is hotter than other brands. Is this true?

Mas Ayoob
04-29-2010, 22:15
Ken, I touched bases with Ken Jorgensen at Ruger about your question; he was out of town, so it took a while to get a response.

Ken tells me that the Ruger LCR is good to go with any +P load, and says that since to Ruger's knowledge SAAMI doesn't provide specs for +P+, they can't warrantee for that.

I will say that Buffalo Bore is pretty warm stuff, but having shot some other brands of +P -- and some rated +P+ -- through my own LCR, I personally wouldn't worry about it.

With any handgun, of course, the more extra-hot loads you put through it, the sooner you can expect it to wear out. As the head of another handgun company told me once, it's sort of like taking a family sedan built to last 100,000 miles at up to 70 MPH, and running it constantly at 100 MPH.

best,
Mas