DT 200gr WFNGC actual FPS? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : DT 200gr WFNGC actual FPS?

527varmint
04-25-2010, 10:18
I'm wondering for those of you that have fired Double Tap 200gr. WFNGC rounds what your actual speed over the chrono was out of a stock g-20?

I was looking at reeds ammo they sell 200gr xtp @ 1100 fps. That is almost as fast as DT but a few bucks cheaper. The xtp would be the best alternative to a wfngc I suppose. I E-mailed reeds ammo and suggested they start loading a wfngc @ 1300 fps to compete with DT and maybe pump up the xtp another 200 fps. Us 10mm guys need more factory options!

anyways I thought maybe I would try the 200gr xtp instead of the DT WFNGC since its a few dollars less and I am assuming the DT load is closer to 1100-1200 fps cuz everyone reports DT advertised velocity is BS. I wonder , if like other ammo companies, they just used a formula to get that number and not real world test. That is how most factory ammo speed is figured out as far as i know.

Ak.Hiker
04-25-2010, 15:04
Not sure about the FPS but the DT 200 grain hard cast load will offer more penetration than the 200 grain XTP. Not that the XTP is not a great bullet. When I tested out the DT 200 grain cast load a few years ago they were hot enough to cut through quite a bit of spruce wood and this was out of a Glock 29.