Glock and singer oil [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock and singer oil

glock4ever!
04-26-2010, 04:01
Since I have been working abroad for 11 years now, I've been keeping my Glock 17 dissambled in a locked plastic box with an 2-inch deep of Singer sawing machine oil to prevent any corrosion. Every year I go home and shoot my G17 in a firing range, with no problems and no corrosion in it. Will this practice of placing my Glock in a 2-inch deep of Singer sawing machine oil damage my Glock in the long run?

Many thanks

JR
04-26-2010, 08:55
To answer your question directly: No, keeping your Glock in 2 inches of Singer oil will not hurt it.

I don’t know why you would do this? Is there a (huge) problem with humidity in your area? If you simply cleaned the gun and applied a light coat of oil over it, you could store it away in a dry place and get the same results.

You have a strange custom indeed.

glock4ever!
04-26-2010, 23:24
To answer your question directly: No, keeping your Glock in 2 inches of Singer oil will not hurt it.

I donít know why you would do this? Is there a (huge) problem with humidity in your area? If you simply cleaned the gun and applied a light coat of oil over it, you could store it away in a dry place and get the same results.

You have a strange custom indeed.

I live in the Philippines and the humidity there is hell. Actually the original slide of my G17 was damaged. There were small holes on the slide when I came back after a year abroad. So,I bought a new slide for my glock 17. Thank you for the reply.

JR
04-27-2010, 12:29
Another alternative might be to drop the pistol into a bag and vacuum pack it?