Reassembly of the Glock 30SF [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Reassembly of the Glock 30SF

fiveonomo
04-26-2010, 19:53
Hey guys, I have'nt been around in a while, very busy. Anyway I picked up my first Glock today, 30SF. I took it apart as I do all of my guns when I purchase them to make sure they are ok. I followed the manual and disassembly went quick and easy. When I went to put it back together...as I put the slide back on the lower receiver the recoil spring assembly sticks out past the end of the barrel by a half inch or so and it does not feel like the gun is in battery. Been messing with it for 45 minutes, what am I doing wrong?

I have had extensive training with Sig and Beretta, never had this much trouble and I am pretty sure I understand how the gun works. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Scott

JR
04-26-2010, 21:49
What you have here is commonly called a "Glock Erection". Its no big deal, simply push the rod slightly to the side (any) and it will reset itself. What happened is: you did not get the recoil guide rod all the way into the barrel lug. When you dropped the slide onto the frame the recoil guide rod "did its thing"

fiveonomo
04-28-2010, 07:47
Thanks. I figured it out a few minutes after I posted this. It needs to fit all the way down in the half moon or it will cause the rod to push out. Thanks again. I hope to put some rounds through it soon.

JR
04-28-2010, 12:48
Excellent!