Summary of 357 Sig reloading data for 124g. & 125g. bullets [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Summary of 357 Sig reloading data for 124g. & 125g. bullets

jeffreybehr
04-28-2010, 02:52
In my compulsion as a gearhead hobbyist, former accountant, and retiree with WAY too much time on his hands, I've prepared an Excel spreadsheet of about all reloading data I can find on the captioned bullet weights. I've excluded several powders such as all the Vihtavouris and some others that aren't common. I used data published by Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hodgdon, M.D. Smith, and RealGuns.com. While I have proofread it and it's as accurate as I can make it, the data is NOT mine. Of course, as careful reloadists, you'll verify the data to the original source before using it.

I included Universal powder because apparently it has no muzzle flash, and that appeals to some of us. I included averages of the velocities, and--surprise!!!--800-X won that contest, with AA#9 a close second.

E-mail me at jeffreybehr(at)cox(dot)net if you want a copy of the file. It prints nicely on 8-1/2-by-14" paper.
-------------------------------
Just added data for 147g. bullets from same sources plus Ramshot data for both weights. Now 2 14" pages.

mrwilson
05-02-2010, 19:29
I would like a copy. Can you email to mrw*pobox.com

The10mmKid
05-02-2010, 23:16
Hey Jeffrey,
Thank You for the file. Lots of good data in one stop !

I didn't notice any references to . . .
reloadersnest.com

nor

Handloads.com

Both are great sources for 'non-published' load data.

357SIG rocks,
'da Kid

jeffreybehr
05-03-2010, 01:47
Hey Jeffrey,
Thank You for the file. Lots of good data in one stop !

I didn't notice any references to . . . reloadersnest.com nor Handloads.com

Both are great sources for 'non-published' load data.

357SIG rocks,
'da Kid

TYVM; didn't know about them. Added to the spreadsheet a few reliable-looking loads from those 2 sites.

Wildkow
05-03-2010, 23:19
Hi Jeff

I'd like one too bstendel@gmail.com thanks!

threefeathers
05-04-2010, 08:32
Please send to me deltad1@cox.net.
I have a great working load with 800X but would like to see more.

jeffreybehr
05-04-2010, 10:41
Please send to me deltad1@cox.net.
I have a great working load with 800X but would like to see more.

Just sent.

800-X is an interesting powder for the 357. According to the data I found, it generates higher velocities and lower pressures (and with less powder) with both bullet weights, but Accurate9 and Accurate7 seem to get the vast majority of ink. WSF and Longshot, 2 powders I already use in .40S&W and .45GAP, also do well in velocity v. pressure, and I'll be using those, too, at least initially.

Have you used Berry's 125g. HP? I bought a small box of those, hoping they'll make spectacular waterjug killers. :wow:

My 357 is a carry gun so I'll be concentrating on 124/125g. bullets.

RB98SS
05-06-2010, 10:13
I'd like a copy also. gjbierwerth@gmail.com

Thanks.