G21 magazine issue with G30 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G21 magazine issue with G30

hemispheredancer
04-28-2010, 22:23
Hello all. New member, first post, and I appreciate any insight. Monday I picked up my first Glock, a G30 with OD frame. Also picked up a Glock-factory G21 magazine the dealer had as I intend on using it as my secondary mag when carrying concealed. The 10 round mags that came with the pistol drop free with no problems, but the G21 mag seems snug when inserting and requires a tug to fall from the mag well. I have compared the magazines side by side and it appears the G21 mag is just ever-so-slightly wider than the 10 rounders. I can't comment on feeding reliability as I have yet to get to a range to test the pistol. My question is basically this: Can the G21 mag be sanded down a bit to thin it, or is this asking for trouble?

Thanks in advance for any assistance, and take care.

JR
04-30-2010, 19:14
The G21 mag is perfectly reliable when used in the G30 pistol. You are on the right track, carry the magazine the gun is issued with (G30 mag) but carry the higher capacity mags (G21 mag) for back up. Some shooters prefer to add an A&G grip extension to the 21 mag for more fun at the range. See one here; http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=15&TERM=ag-

I don’t think I would take sand paper to my mag. You can do it for sure, I have already see it before. But I warn you, its ugly. An easier way out is to simply try several of them at your local dealer and take the ones that drop free. Too bad you are not in my hood. I would let you go through my pile of mags to find the perfect one.