glock`s "kaboom`s" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : glock`s "kaboom`s"

glockfrijoles
04-28-2010, 23:42
Hi to all of you, i am new to this forum, so i don`t know if i am posting on the right place.

I am also new to glock pistols, i just purchased a new glock 25 .380 auto 3rd. generation.

I have being reading in many forums that most of all glock pistols are prone to the "kabooms", do you know if that is only happening with certain serial numbers??? or is that the nature of the beast on glock pistols???

yesterday a gentleman from the USA at a gunshop was telling me that Homeland Security branches changed from glock to sigs and H&K`s due to the frequent kabooms on the glocks, and this was due to the very thin material at 6:00 o`clock on the chamber, that glock cambers are not enough beefy to support certain loads, is that true???

I am saking this because I just bought my glock before reading all the kaboom issues, and now I feel unconfident about the quality of my new gun,.

I tought I was buying a good brand, as I saw a lot of g19 taken overseas on this same forum.

hope that those kabooms are only isolated cases or bad production runs.

Thanks to all of you and have a great day

JR
04-30-2010, 19:07
Congratulations on the purchase of your new Glock! There are a lot of US shooters envious, they would have a very difficult time obtaining one.

The KB issue you refer to usually happens with the 40 cal guns, but pretty rare these days. I have never heard of a 9mm KB? I imagine it is possible but the 9mm cartridge (also .380) has a lot of support in the case head area so this is unlikely. You can rest assured, the odds of a KB happening with a current issue Glock are extremely rare because the current barrels are very close to full support.

Any government branch can change weapons almost at a whim. I assure you, if they did indeed change weapons it had nothing to do with KB's. You purchased one of the finest handguns ever built. It will deliver a lifetime of reliable service.