Taurus Tracker 357 mag ejector rod [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Taurus Tracker 357 mag ejector rod

Manzoli7
04-29-2010, 20:15
On the newer Taurus revolvers such as the tracker is there any way to unscrew the ejection rod to completley take a part the cylinder assembly? A local gun smith told me you canot and its crimped on. I called the factory and they would not tell me how to take it apart and said they prefer that I would not do that. I would like to ocassionaly take it apart for deep cleaning. On a Smith revolver you can unscrew it easily.

NEOH212
05-09-2010, 19:39
The ejector rod on your Taurus unscrews just like any other revolver. Make sure that you use a extractor support tool of two empty casings to support the extractor when you unscrew the ejector rod or you risk potentially damaging the extractor. If you want to remove the cylinder from the crane, you will need a brass punch and will have to go in from the muzzle end of the crane and drive they cylinder off of the crane. It is held in with a bushing and comes off rather easy with a few taps with the brass punch. Don't use pliers or vise grips on the ejector rod. You run the risk of damaging it. Brownells sells a special tool for this purpose. Also, to remove the crane from the receiver, you will have to remove the screw out of the right side of the receiver closest to the barrel. Be careful not to loose the locking bolt plunger and spring when you pull the crane away from the receiver.