YHM Suppressors? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : YHM Suppressors?

gsdrulz
04-29-2010, 21:39
Just where in the suppressor world do they land? I am looking at the Wraith .22 cal can. I am planing on getting a .22 and a 9mm can sometime this year. I have a class III dealer who has talk to me about the process to getting what I want just not sure of which to get. Also feel free to point out other options that are out there.

Thanks,
gsdrulz

r2kba
04-30-2010, 11:48
Just where in the suppressor world do they land? I am looking at the Wraith .22 cal can. I am planing on getting a .22 and a 9mm can sometime this year. I have a class III dealer who has talk to me about the process to getting what I want just not sure of which to get. Also feel free to point out other options that are out there.

Thanks,
gsdrulz

YHM Makes good stuff. As far as I know, they are right up there with Gemtech, SWR and AAC. With that said, check out those MFG also for options. Example is a gemtech outback22 is 325$ or so in price. silencertalk.com and ar15.com are great resources for suppressor inquires.

Bravo 1
04-30-2010, 13:58
They make decent quality but fairly loud cans. IMHO, not what I want to buy to keep and spend the cash on for the tax stamp.

SWR,AAC,OPS inc, are probably in the Top on quality and sound.

Try, http://www.silencerresearch.com/#oss_err

You can go to http://www.silencertests.com/ and spend some time.

Bravo 1
04-30-2010, 13:59

Thanks,
gsdrulz

I went with the SWR Spectre in a .22 can.:cool:

Jer
04-30-2010, 14:00
I have a YHM Phantom .30cal can and love it. I have QD attachment points for my AR10 as well as AR15 so I can run it on both quickly and easily and it does a marvelous job on both. It's a little heavy/big but for what I paid this is to be expected. They make a wonderful product for those on a budget. Sure you can get better but this usually means exponentially increasing prices.

Liquid
04-30-2010, 18:33
for 22 i went with a spectre. i have heard good things about yhm i have a .223 can on order. check out www.silencerresearch.com, its worth the 30 bucks u get to c all the info on the cans so u can make an education decision.

Yellowfin
05-03-2010, 19:08
From what I gather the YHM can you want for .22 is the Mite. It's apparently very easy to clean which contributes to longer life and is very good at what it does.

alexanderg23
05-03-2010, 19:21
I use aurora tactical. They are local and make amazing stuff.

www.auroratactical.com (http://www.auroratactical.com)

gsdrulz
05-04-2010, 20:43
Thanks for the replies now I have some reading to then it will be time to order and show off what I get.

gsdrulz

edrobert
05-04-2010, 20:48
SWR Spectre
AAC Element
Silencerco Sparrow
AAC Prodigy

Look no further than those options.....trust me :)

nnickatnight
05-07-2010, 07:34
The YHM Mite is a great can and easy to clean. Shooting it next to my Serbu Sirus which is intergral and the difference is nada. It's certainly not worth paying twice the price for someone elses in my opinion. I'm comparing the new .308 cans available but so far I will probably stick with YHM. Their customer service is also excellent which is more than I can say for at least one other company that's been mentioned here.

dday27
05-14-2010, 22:00
I have a YHM Cobra M2 for my G19, With 147grn sounds good and can be taken apart for cleaning, Also has interchangeable rears for differnt thread pitches