G29 Trigger and hard recoil [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G29 Trigger and hard recoil

old wanderer
05-01-2010, 23:12
Today I tried some Double-Tap 165GR loads in my G29. After 10 rounds my trigger finger was sore.

I shot another 10 round string and my finger was really sore, even though I tried to use more "finger" over the trigger.

It seems like the source of the problem is the little safety lever that you pull back 1st to allow the trigger to release.

I have shot my G20 a lot, and never had the slightest problem. I have only shot the G29 a little bit with 10mm ammo. I have a 40 SW barrel I have practiced with and never noticed the problem before.

How do you go about adjusting the small lever (guess I should learn the proper names for this stuff), so it is flush with the trigger?

Over all the trigger feel on the G29 could not be better, so this really came as a surprise to me.

JR
05-02-2010, 19:29
You have successfully described what we call Glock trigger bite. That little lever can really be annoying at times. It seems to get worse when shooting heavier rounds. If you look closely at your finger after a shooting session, you will see a white line across your finger where the trigger safety was hitting it.

Here is an easy fix: Depress the safety until it allows reward movement of the trigger. You can watch the safety move out of the way of the frame and then the trigger will freely move rearward. Once you have movement anything else above the trigger shoe is wasted material that will further irritate your trigger finger. Simply file off this extra material. This sounds crazy but it makes a fine trigger. The safety works 100% and you don’t get trigger bite anymore.

old wanderer
05-02-2010, 21:32
You have successfully described what we call Glock trigger bite. That little lever can really be annoying at times. It seems to get worse when shooting heavier rounds. If you look closely at your finger after a shooting session, you will see a white line across your finger where the trigger safety was hitting it.

Here is an easy fix: Depress the safety until it allows reward movement of the trigger. You can watch the safety move out of the way of the frame and then the trigger will freely move rearward. Once you have movement anything else above the trigger shoe is wasted material that will further irritate your trigger finger. Simply file off this extra material. This sounds crazy but it makes a fine trigger. The safety works 100% and you donít get trigger bite anymore.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will mark it and then file it to flush.

JR
05-03-2010, 11:02
Be sure to verify the safety is completely disengaged, then file away the remaining portion.

If you file too much, the safety will still be engaged, the safety can not be pushed out of the way and you will have ruined the trigger. No big deal, you can always pick up another.