Why do I shoot my LCR better than G19? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Why do I shoot my LCR better than G19?

B-One
05-02-2010, 19:52
Is there anything wrong with me?

Glock 17L
05-02-2010, 20:08
You need to have your Glock looked at..
I'm a revolver guy but shoot a G19 too & it's deadly accurate..
I've never shot a LCR but have many thousands of rounds threw SP101s..
Could be the grip on the LCR, which is a nice shaped Hogue BTW, fits your hand better & the trigger pull of the LCRs is pretty nice..

B-One
05-02-2010, 20:16
It's not the gun, it's me. I'll load dummy rounds and I find that I flinch with the Glock, but not the LCR, even when the LCR is loaded with +P ammo. I shoot better with my GP100 also, but the LCR surprises me.

Maybe it is the "sproing" of the Glock trigger as opposed to the roll of the LCR trigger. I've had a Glock since the late 80s, but maybe I need to spend more time with the Glock trigger.

Two Guns
05-02-2010, 21:21
Because your LCR trigger is way better than your Glocks trigger.

betes
05-04-2010, 13:17
Not enough practice.

Berto
05-04-2010, 18:10
A trigger or grip thing. The G19 is a great pistol, but I'm not fond of the triggers either.

B-One
05-06-2010, 13:18
Not enough practice.

Dang! I hate practice. :supergrin:

Ken43
05-06-2010, 19:37
When shooting your G-19 take the slack out of your trigger then slowly press until the gun fires. Hold the trigger to the rear until after the gun cycles then only let your trigger go forward until it resets. Do not let it go all the way forward. When it resets then press again until the gun fires. This should help with the mashing the trigger and you should become a better shot.

B-One
05-06-2010, 19:44
When shooting your G-19 take the slack out of your trigger then slowly press until the gun fires. Hold the trigger to the rear until after the gun cycles then only let your trigger go forward until it resets. Do not let it go all the way forward. When it resets then press again until the gun fires. This should help with the mashing the trigger and you should become a better shot.

Yup! That's how I learned it a long time ago. I am sure that it isn't anything that some dry fire practice and a few hundred rounds couldn't cure.

It's just odd to me that I can shoot a gun that is supposed to be so difficult to master better than a gun that is commonly thought of as easy to learn.

brianr34
05-08-2010, 07:31
Wow, that does seem strange to me. I own both the LCR and the G19. I am a much better shot with the G19.

The LCR is great for pocket carry, but I do not really enjoy shooting it.

captcurly
05-08-2010, 15:55
Is there anything wrong with me?

Because you're the man. :cheers:

B-One
05-09-2010, 05:51
Because you're the man. :cheers:

:cheers:

Here's to you Captain!

I'm following betes advice and getting out the Glock today for some practice.

Ganesh
06-25-2010, 22:23
I'd go with the "trigger" responce too. I love Glocks, but that trigger on those LCR's are amazing for a snubbie. If I could pull the trigger works from an LCR and put them in my 340 M&P, I'd do it in a heartbeat. My trigger works fine in my snubbie...but I love shootin my friends LCR for one reason and one reason only....that darn sweet trigger.