Glock Accuracy Standards [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock Accuracy Standards

SJC G20
05-03-2010, 12:31
Hi. New Glock 20 owner with PN2050703 (Glock Night Sights) and have a question regarding Glock accuracy. I know my G20 has been test fired as I have a small envelope with two spent casing in there but what I don't know is if Glock has their own standards for accuracy. If they do and the accuracy does not meet the expectations, do they adjust the sights to meet the expectations? Both fixed and adjustable sights?

I haven't been to the range yet. Hopefully real soon after I convince my wife of my weekend priorities!

I hope this is not a dumb question. Sorry if it is. :embarassed:

Thanks,
Steve

JR
05-04-2010, 13:24
Not a dumb question at all. Yes your pistol was test fired. They used to run 5 rounds through them and probably still do. The 2 empties you have were included with the gun to meet Federal requirements for States that require them.
I do not know if there is a real accuracy requirement per say? I guarantee the test fire guys would take notice if the gun did not perform "as expected". I can tell you from experience the accuracy of the gun is subjective to the person holding it. I have had plenty of customers return their pistols complaining about unacceptable accuracy. A quick trip to my range, located just outside the door, proved them wrong.

SJC G20
05-04-2010, 15:59
JR thanks for your reply. I know that when adjusting for windage, I move the rear sight the direction I want the bullet to go. On fixed sights, is there a safe method to do this without a special sight tool?

JR
05-04-2010, 19:20
If you plan to tap the Glock factory (poly) sights over, a sight tool is nice to have. If not, all you need is a punch and a hammer. They move easy

SJC G20
05-04-2010, 20:58
If you plan to tap the Glock factory (poly) sights over, a sight tool is nice to have. If not, all you need is a punch and a hammer. They move easy

Thank you Sir! :cheers: