Anyone here cracked a Glock slide? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here cracked a Glock slide?

NoKarma
05-04-2010, 11:12
gun gen 2 G22
Round count 25k

I just found out that the slide on my gen 2 g22 has a crack in the slide in the left rear.
Has anyone ever sent a cracked slide in to glock for repair? The armorer at the GSSF shoot that found the crack in the slide did not know what glocks policy was for cracked slides.
When I called glock they told me that I would have to send my old slide in and buy a replacement slide for $180. Over the phone they told me that the crack had to have been from the gun being dropped.
The gun has not been dropped.
$180 for the slide seems like a lot to put into a gun that can be replaced for $330 on the used market.
What do you guys think should I send it in and hope that they replace it for free? Of just give up and buy a new g22 and use the frame from the old gun on a 22 conversion or the spare g24c slide I have?
Thanks for the help for a Glock talk newbie
NoKarma

http://4katj.smugmug.com/photos/856291555_LyiPF-L.jpg

JR
05-04-2010, 13:10
Call Glock Inc again. Explain the slide was not dropped and you will not pay for a replacement or repair. Once they agree to an inspection go ahead and ship it. They will easily identify the reason for the crack. If you dropped it, its your baby. If not, their warrantee is supposed to cover such details.

BTW: LWD stainless slides start at $174.95