I am finally going to order my equipment [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I am finally going to order my equipment

KiloBravo
05-04-2010, 19:41
I just fired off an email to the gun shop. I asked him what kind of price he could get me on the the kit I am looking to purchase. He usually tops the best deal I find anywhere online. It also helps that I spend way too much money there. :whistling:

Upon Colorado4Wheel's suggestion, I am going to go with the Lee Classic Turret press. I also appreciate all other input those have given me to help make this decision.

I am hoping to get everything within the next week or two. I will be sure to post pics as I am unboxing everything.

Thanks again! :wavey:

metro273
05-04-2010, 19:42
Nice! :supergrin:

KiloBravo
05-04-2010, 19:55
Nice! :supergrin:

You said it my friend. I am very much looking forward to it. :cool:

Colorado4Wheel
05-04-2010, 19:57
Good news then.

Post your list if you like. Might have some other ideas for you if your interested.

robin303
05-04-2010, 20:02
You are going to have so much fun my friend. I didn't know squat several months ago and I learned so much from the good people here. One heck of a hobby.

BBJones
05-04-2010, 20:51
Congrats!

farley45
05-04-2010, 20:55
Congrats man!

I'd like to hear what's on your list as well.

pacountryboy
05-04-2010, 20:56
what gun shop ya go to bud?

IndyGunFreak
05-04-2010, 21:00
I just fired off an email to the gun shop. I asked him what kind of price he could get me on the the kit I am looking to purchase. He usually tops the best deal I find anywhere online. It also helps that I spend way too much money there. :whistling:

Upon Colorado4Wheel's suggestion, I am going to go with the Lee Classic Turret press. I also appreciate all other input those have given me to help make this decision.

I am hoping to get everything within the next week or two. I will be sure to post pics as I am unboxing everything.

Thanks again! :wavey:

Tough to go wrong w/ an LCT.. the ultimate in simplicity.

iGF

hockeyrcks9901
05-04-2010, 21:01
I also went with the LCT based off quite a few recommendations here and I hate to say it but I'm disappointed.

Disappointed that I didn't buy it earlier that is. It's great.

IndyGunFreak
05-04-2010, 21:05
I also went with the LCT based off quite a few recommendations here and I hate to say it but I'm disappointed.

Disappointed that I didn't buy it earlier that is. It's great.

That first sentence gave me a heart attack.. :). I almost started to feel bad since I was one of the ones who pushed you in that direction... :)

Glad to hear its working for you..

KiloBravo
05-04-2010, 21:09
Good news then.

Post your list if you like. Might have some other ideas for you if your interested.

I just tried bringing up the list on Kemph's website, but there seems to be an issue with it. I am going to ask hm to get everything on that list and I also decided to go with the upgraded powder measure scale and "large and small" combo set of dies or whatever it was. I cannot recall for certain at the moment though. I will be happy to get up the list later for everybody though once the site gets back up and running.

Any other ideas sure would be appreciate though. :wavey:

KiloBravo
05-04-2010, 21:10
You are going to have so much fun my friend. I didn't know squat several months ago and I learned so much from the good people here. One heck of a hobby.

Thanks a lot. That is what people keep telling me, lol. :wavey:

KiloBravo
05-04-2010, 21:12
what gun shop ya go to bud?

I buy almost everything from Cox's Gun Shop/RMC Sports Outlet. The owner is Chris and he just recently moved from his location in Mingoville off of 64 to Millheim into the old TV repair shop. It is bad for me in a way though, because now he is only about 10 minutes from my house instead of 15, LOL.

KiloBravo
05-04-2010, 21:13
Tough to go wrong w/ an LCT.. the ultimate in simplicity.

iGF

That was one of the things that appealed so much to me. I am really excited about it.

Murph33
05-04-2010, 21:13
Congrats. I just got into it a couple months ago. Once I finish up with finals next week I am hoping to do some more rifle shooting and finally get into some tedious rifle reloading.

KiloBravo
05-04-2010, 21:15
Congrats. I just got into it a couple months ago. Once I finish up with finals next week I am hoping to do some more rifle shooting and finally get into some tedious rifle reloading.

Good luck man! I hope you work up a load you really like.

chris in va
05-04-2010, 21:16
If I wanted a dedicated bench setup, it would definitely be the classic turret that you ordered.

Promise me one thing...don't buy a Lee bottom pour furnace and molds. You'll never come back to 'real life' again.:whistling:

KiloBravo
05-04-2010, 21:18
If I wanted a dedicated bench setup, it would definitely be the classic turret that you ordered.

Promise me one thing...don't buy a Lee bottom pour furnace and molds. You'll never come back to 'real life' again.:whistling:

I am sorry, but I am afraid I cannot promise anything quite yet...I am still learning after all. :supergrin:

pacountryboy
05-04-2010, 21:30
i haven't been down to his new location yet. I always deal with Jimmy and Eric in at J&E's

RustyFN
05-05-2010, 14:30
I am finally going to order my equipment

It's about dang time. :tongueout:

Congratulations I think you will be very happy with the classic turret. I have been loading on mine four years now and don't have any complaints. If you have any questions or problems during set up let us know. There are enough classic turret owners here that we should be able to help you through anything.

aerod1
05-05-2010, 15:40
You made a great choice in the press. I love my LCT. It's the best thing going for the money. I feel you will like that press!

Colorado4Wheel
05-05-2010, 15:44
Dammit, lost another one to the Red side ;)

GioaJack
05-05-2010, 16:11

It's not red... it's just blushing 'cause it knows it's not a LNL. :whistling:

Jack

BK63
05-05-2010, 17:08
There is a lot of good reloading equipment out there. As long as you enjoy doing it, thats what counts. Life is short. Be safe, keep loading, and shoot a lot.

KiloBravo
05-05-2010, 18:45
It's about dang time. :tongueout:

Congratulations I think you will be very happy with the classic turret. I have been loading on mine four years now and don't have any complaints. If you have any questions or problems during set up let us know. There are enough classic turret owners here that we should be able to help you through anything.

:rofl:Thanks a lot! I think I will really enjoy it as well.

KiloBravo
05-05-2010, 18:46

:rofl:It is all because of you my friend! You sticky at the top of this page really helped a lot in making my decision.

KiloBravo
05-05-2010, 18:47
It's not red... it's just blushing 'cause it knows it's not a LNL. :whistling:

Jack

Hey friend...I will be more than happy to accept one as a gift if you are offering! :rofl: :supergrin:

RustyFN
05-05-2010, 18:56
Hey friend...I will be more than happy to accept one as a gift if you are offering! :rofl: :supergrin:

PA isn't that far from CO. I bet Jack's butler could make that trip to deliver it in 5 to 6 hours.

KiloBravo
05-05-2010, 19:12
PA isn't that far from CO. I bet Jack's butler could make that trip to deliver it in 5 to 6 hours.

I bet you are right! :supergrin:

Hey Jack...Just feel free to PM me before he sets out tonight. I will give you my address and will even have a hot pot of coffee ready for him.

Colorado4Wheel
05-05-2010, 19:14
:rofl:It is all because of you my friend! You sticky at the top of this page really helped a lot in making my decision.

Blame Lee for this one. It's the one Lee press I don't worry about recommending. As long as you only need 150rds or so a hour it's a great press. Great starter press for anyone who want to have cheap caliber conversions and good entry price into reloading with a good press. I should never have sold mine.

KiloBravo
05-05-2010, 19:19
Blame Lee for this one. It's the one Lee press I don't worry about recommending. As long as you only need 150rds or so a hour it's a great press. Great starter press for anyone who want to have cheap caliber conversions and good entry price into reloading with a good press. I should never have sold mine.

That is awesome. I really respect those who will recommend a good product regardless of of whether or not it is a brand name that they like in particular.

If I can crank out 150-200 rounds/hour, then I figure I could get upwards of 300 rds or more done every evening after work that I don't have anything else to do. That could equal a LOT of ammo ready to shoot by the weekend. :supergrin:

robin303
05-05-2010, 19:20

Maybe faster than that. One minute he is slinging cats at Texans in Ft. Worth then the next minute he is shooting his new Kimber at Diet Pepsie bottles in somebodies snake infested pond. :supergrin:

DEADLYACCURATE
05-05-2010, 19:44
Maybe faster than that. One minute he is slinging cats at Texans in Ft. Worth then the next minute he is shooting his new Kimber at Diet Pepsie bottles in somebodies snake infested pond. :supergrin:

He should get a cellphone with internet (and learn how to use it) so he can post on the road. :supergrin:

Colorado4Wheel
05-05-2010, 20:25
That is awesome. I really respect those who will recommend a good product regardless of of whether or not it is a brand name that they like in particular.

Well, I like Lee dies, the LCT and the Classic Cast presses. All items I have used and have good experiances with. I am plenty verbal about the items with which I don't have good personal experiances. But thats another thread.

RustyFN
05-05-2010, 21:16

:rofl: Sounds like Jack Bower on 24, scary.