10/22 Rear Sight ?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 10/22 Rear Sight ??

chineseboxer
05-06-2010, 19:43
The stock rear sight on my 10/22 is down as low as I can get it with shots still high at my 50 yd target. Any suggetions on replacement for this. Looks like peep sight might be the way to go. Any feedback on what others are using for replacements, or any reason mine are this way?? Never really had issue like this with any other rifles.

76again
05-06-2010, 20:23
Tech Sights ( http://www.tech-sights.com/

have heard many good things from Appleseed folks on these... I've stuck with scopes becasue of old age.

Search this forum for tech Sights and see what you find.. also Appleseed..

DJ Niner
05-07-2010, 01:13
The stock rear sight on my 10/22 is down as low as I can get it with shots still high at my 50 yd target. Any suggetions on replacement for this. Looks like peep sight might be the way to go. Any feedback on what others are using for replacements, or any reason mine are this way?? Never really had issue like this with any other rifles.Does your 10/22 front sight have a bead on the top of the post? I've seen a LOT of 10/22s over the years with the entire top edge of the front sight (including the bead) broken off, and this would explain your problem. Sometimes people file the broken sight off square, and if done well, it's hard to notice the damage unless you study it and know what a stock sight looks like.

If you like the style of rear sight you have now, you could just get a new front sight post. The Tech Sights (linked above) are another good choice. Most peep/aperture rear sights will require a new (higher) front sight as well, so plan on replacing both if you go with a rear peep-sight. I have a Williams rear aperture with a higher and thicker post front on one of my 10/22s; it's a good general-purpose combo.