Placed my order today [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Placed my order today

themighty9mm
05-07-2010, 14:37
I finally placed my order for my reloading equipment. Can't wait to get started.
Heres what I got tell me what you think.
Dillon 550B
Dillon flip tray
Spare parts kit
Lyman 1200 turbo tumbler with auto flow
Lyman manual #49
Speer manual # 14
Dillon emilinator beam scale
S&W digital caliper
Dillon carbide 9mm die set
Bullet puller
Dillon case lube
Dillon polish
It hurt the wallet, but at least getting started is the most expensive part. Most of it I wont have to buy again. So did I miss anything? Obviously I will need components and media.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

stopatrain
05-07-2010, 14:41
Dillon is good stuff!

unionman
05-07-2010, 14:48
Who did you order from??? When ya expect to receive it ??

XDRoX
05-07-2010, 14:52

Probably either through Dillon or BE. Either way expect the stuff soon. Dillon usually 2 days their stuff. At least every time I've ordered from them they have.

XDRoX
05-07-2010, 14:54
I finally placed my order for my reloading equipment. Can't wait to get started.
Heres what I got tell me what you think.
Dillon 550B
Dillon flip tray
Spare parts kit
Lyman 1200 turbo tumbler with auto flow
Lyman manual #49
Speer manual # 14
Dillon emilinator beam scale
S&W digital caliper
Dillon carbide 9mm die set
Bullet puller
Dillon case lube
Dillon polish
It hurt the wallet, but at least getting started is the most expensive part. Most of it I wont have to buy again. So did I miss anything? Obviously I will need components and media.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Congrat's:wavey:

XDRoX
05-07-2010, 14:57
Are you reloading other calibers besides 9mm?
You don't need the lube with those carbide dies.

themighty9mm
05-07-2010, 15:02
Brianenos.com and midway.com Most of it came from brianenos. I have bought slide glide from there before but never anything major. I think all of it should be here in 3-5 days

themighty9mm
05-07-2010, 15:05
Are you reloading other calibers besides 9mm?
You don't need the lube with those carbide dies.
For now just 9mm, soon (next 1-3 months) I will be doing 38/357 and 45. Soon after that 44mag, 270win, and maybe 308. The equipment will help my father in law out (he has been wanting to reload forever) It will also give me an excuse to buy a couple new guns.
As far as the lube goes I have heard both ways. I figured heck I'm already in the hole a good amount what another 8 bucks. May use it may not. I'll try both and see if theres anydifference

BBJones
05-07-2010, 16:49
I have carbide dies and use case lube. It may be a belt and suspenders type solution.

Palouse
05-07-2010, 18:06
Nice setup. Sounds like you did exactly what I did not too long ago. I've been very, very happy with my 550B.

I don't lube my 9mm cases. Carbide dies are nice.

das9mm26
05-08-2010, 13:56
You'll like the 550B!!
Had mine about a month now......I like the fact it allows me to "progress" (pun intended....!) at my own pace; I can stop and check the work at each station and make any necessary corrections...I've probably loaded 200 rounds of .45ACP so far.....and every single round has fired flawlessly - in everything from a 5" 1911 to a Glock 21SF-- to a 3" SA Micro Compact (all rounds have been 230gr FMJ/RN Hornady over 6.0gr of Unique and CCI 300 primers).
Did I mention.....I'm NOT a "speed demon" when it comes to reloading!! The Dillon can move a LOT faster than I can....and I just take my time and check - then DOUBLE-CHECK - each stage of the loading.....
If only my high school math teachers could see me using digital calipers, micrometers and case gauges.......!:supergrin:
Enjoy that 550B!
From what I've heard around.......Brian is quite a guy!!

FLSlim
05-08-2010, 14:53
If you are serious about shooting and not rolling in cash, you'd better be reloading. Enjoy it and be safe.

bush pilot
05-08-2010, 22:55
I have carbide dies and use case lube. It may be a belt and suspenders type solution.

I use HOS with carbide dies, it makes sizing even easier on the arm and the equipment.

bulletguy
05-09-2010, 01:34
Congratulations on your purchase. All good stuff that will produce a great load if you do your part. They always used to say, for some one looking to buy a new reloading press, "Go Dillon now, or go Dillon later, but you will go Dillon.sooner or later. I have seen it happebn that way several times.

I have had mine for twelve years and have had two upgrades in that time at no cost to me. It has always done a great job and I have no complaints. "Dillon support is second to none. Just a phone call away for the most part.

One thing I think is worth mentioning. When you stlart to get ready to load other calibers, pay close attention to your Caliber Cross Reference Chart and your Caliber Conversion Chart. You will note that in quiet a few cases, a particular powder funnel or shell plate listed for different calibers calls for the same part number as well as the same buttons. Ex. The 45 ACP shell plate and locator buttons are the same as for the .308 - 7.62 NATO. You may only have to purchase the Powder funnel (in some cases) and your dies. You wont have to buy a full conversion kit for each caliber. If you are on top of this, it saves money and you find you already have part of what you need. I load 9mms but I also load 9x18 mak and the conversion plate and is the same. Just MTCW but thought it might be worth your knowing.
Best of luck and have fun.