Curious rattle in 20SF [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Curious rattle in 20SF

PeteCamp
05-08-2010, 11:37
Got a used Glock 20SF in almost new condition the other day. Loaded up 15 rounds and inserted the mag in the pistol. Nothing in the chamber. There is a rattle when the muzzle is rotated fore / aft (muzzle up, muzzle down) but not side to side. Changed to the other mag and no rattle, so it is mag-related. Any ideas where to start looking when I disassemble the mag?

JR
05-09-2010, 22:54
No problem. The rattle is coming from the mag. The rounds are stored "double stack". What you are hearing is a loose round moving in the magazine. The double stack pressure does not bear equal weight on all rounds at the same time. Some are actually free to move to and fro.

PeteCamp
05-10-2010, 11:13
Thanks. I disassembled the mag, inspected it carefully, and reloaded it. 13 rounds, no rattle, 14 rounds, no rattle, 15 rounds, no rattle. Ahha I thought. Unloaded it completely and reloaded it - rattled on 14!!! Oh well. Isn't gonna effect things functioning so I'll ignore it. Thanks for the response again.

BTW I love your products. I'll be ordering a 6" barrel for the 20 as soon as I recover from the expense of the the Glock.

JR
05-10-2010, 11:17
I tried to tell you ...... Sometimes its better if you prove it to your self.