Looking For Indoor Shooting Ranges (WA) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Indoor Shooting Ranges (WA)

SJC G20
05-08-2010, 15:58
The family wanted to go shooting today after a few days of my hinting about shooting my new G20. It was time to teach the kids about gun safety and getting them some range time too.

The wife and I have shot at the Champion Arms Indoor Range in Kent during the last couple of years but we moved south east and decided to try The Marksman in Puyallup. So I packed up some of my handguns, ammo, targets, and safety gear and headed there.

I tried to register us and the gentleman behind the counter and the first thing he said is that there is also a mandatory $10 per person orientation fee. That's $40 more for the four of us just to listen to the range rules. I told him that my wife and I are experienced at indoor & outdoor shooting ranges and then asked if there was a group rate. NO! he answered. Then I asked if he was going to take each of us and personally walk us through the range during the orientation. NO! it's a classroom. :dunno: I promptly said if there isn't a group rate then he lost our business and we were heading back to Champion Arms. :car:

Now granted, Champion Arms is about 30 miles away but I wasn't going to pay $40 just to pad his pockets. :tongueout::tongueout::tongueout:

I am so glad I didn't purchase my G20 at The Marksman... in fact I found a much better price by calling around and ordered exactly what I wanted.

I'll never go back to The Marksman until they learn a little more about giving their customers better value for our hard earned dollars. :rollingeyes:

So the next question for Southenders & East Pierce County residents, What other indoor shooting ranges have you had good experiences with?

Thanks

onesnake
05-21-2010, 12:04
thanks for the info @ "The Marksman" wont be going there! Have been to "Champion Arms". Nice guys there.

SJC G20
05-21-2010, 16:13
Not sure what part of town you're in but I've heard good things about the Bulleyes Indoor Range in Tacoma.

Cascade Shooting Club in Ravensdale is great for a outdoor range. They also have a indoor range for .22's

Also, check out www.seattleguns.net (http://www.seattleguns.net) There's a discussion there as well.
http://seattleguns.net/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=16925

BTW... :welcome:

BWJ
06-19-2010, 22:19
Champion Arms in Kent is the best around South Seattle IMO.

ICHI
06-19-2010, 22:27
from Cali here been to champion i like it i will not be going to "the marksman" thanks

Mike5560
07-03-2010, 23:16
I mainly goto marksman for the IPSC practice nights, and I bought my G20 there, but Bullseye in Tacoma is a good place. There's discounts on memberships, and there's no orientation class.

I once impulse bought a Ruger 10/22 (not a bad impulse buy) but I wanted one with the Jacaranda stock. We went to marksman and they had a Jacaranda 10/22 and I offered my NIB blue laminate one. They wouldn't take it, for ANY price towards trade, even though they will buy some guns.