trouble w glock 21sf ambi. help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : trouble w glock 21sf ambi. help

cfec2008
05-09-2010, 19:39
Hey everybody im brand new here so forgive me if I do something wrong. Anyway I bought a Glock 21 sf with an ambi mag relase button. Problem number one, (When dropping a full mag from the left side of the ambi button it almost always sticks, then when putting a mag back in it will not latch in place until the second push. I called Glock and a guy by the name of Raphael Jackson said to send it in and that he could fix it but he honestly didnt know if if would hold up because he doesnt like the design of those parts, so he suggested to let Glock put a new frame on it, but then the frame would have a totally different serial number and i dont like that at all. If im good enough to buy a Glock I think they should keep all numbers matching. I emailed him a couple of times and asked him what the chances would be of swapping out my g21sf ambi for a g21sf stand mag release. He told me they would have to fix mine first and send it to me and if the problem occured a second time his boss had the authority to allow me to swap.) Problem number two( When my chamber is loaded you can pull the slide back about a quarter inch and when you let go it will stay in that position. shouldnt the spring push it back forward? Seems like it would if nothing is there to hold the slide back. it doesn't happen when the chamber is empty. I put a brand new spring and guide rod in it and it didnt help any at all. plus the spring never stays in place. everytime i take the slide off the spring is in a different place that where i put it after cleaning. any help would be greatly appreciated. sorry for writing so much just didnt want to leave anything out...btw the gun never fails. shoots great. thanks again...andy