Strider DB-l or Swamp Rat RatManDu [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Strider DB-l or Swamp Rat RatManDu

big_gun_man
05-11-2010, 01:10
I want a nice fixed blade knife and I want to get the best steel and the best knife for my money, so I was hoping to get some advise from people who owned these knives.

Which of the two is a toughter knife and which one will hold an edge longer.

Also what is the difference in a DB-L and a DB-L NSN

Thanks

Dennis in MA
05-11-2010, 07:01
RATMANDU!

No question. Bulletproof.

tripton
05-11-2010, 21:56
Yep.

What he said.

daddysnapmuffins
05-12-2010, 07:09
Swamp Rat. Much, much tougher. as far as edge holding I don't know. S30V holds a very good edge but stainless is a no-no for hard use fix blades. It will probably chip or break if you are chopping or batoning. You can't beat Busse-kin knives. If you want the ultimate fixed blade hard use knife look into Busse (Swamp Rat's parent company) line. INFI may be the best steel in the world. If you get one 0.25 inches or thicker in INFI you will never break it, and if you do they will replace it as long as you weren't trying to break it. If you're willing to spend the extra dough for the ultimate badass indestructible knife go Busse. Swamp Rat and Scrap Yard aren't far behind and are much cheaper. RMD all the way.

I may get flamed for this but go to knivetests.com and look at the destruction tests of some of the Busse and SY knives.

Dennis in MA
05-12-2010, 08:48
Plus that whole cost-difference thing. STrider is more than double the cost of the Du.