Backstrap channel plug. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Backstrap channel plug.

Scamp
05-13-2010, 11:41
Can somebody tell me what backstrap channel plug this is? (not my gun).
I really like the mag floorplate and the plug on this set-up, I believe the mag floorplate to be a Pearce PG-360 +0, but am unsure of the plug.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg68/Scamp1971/G36.jpg

Oh, and here is my new to me G36 along with my other sub-compacts!

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg68/Scamp1971/Sub-Compacts.jpg

the perfesser
05-13-2010, 20:47
Sometimes the plugs will prevent you from using some of the Pearce extended mag floorplates. For example, my older style Pearce +1 extensions will not fit over a plug. (So I never acquired a plug.....) I believe -- from photos -- that a newer style extension will fit.

Scamp
05-14-2010, 21:26
Sometimes the plugs will prevent you from using some of the Pearce extended mag floorplates. For example, my older style Pearce +1 extensions will not fit over a plug. (So I never acquired a plug.....) I believe -- from photos -- that a newer style extension will fit.

Walked into a pawn shop today and he had 4 Pearce +1 floorplates, and I have 4 mags, so I bought them for $5 a piece. They have a piece that snaps in behind the floorplate that covers the hole in the backstrap when the mag is in the gun, and they look great, AND they give me an extra round!

pistolero6869
05-15-2010, 00:36
they give you a extra round ? in a g-36 have you tryed it fo funtion yet?

pistolero6869
05-15-2010, 00:37
they give you a extra round? in a g-36 have you tryed it fo funtion yet?

glock192327
05-16-2010, 15:59
Scamp, I believe what you described...the Pearce PG-360 +0 .... is exactly correct. At least that is what is on mine, says it on the bottom of the grip. And I have that exact plug. I suppose the plug is also Pearce, but don't know for sure. I bought all mine from Glockmeister...they put them together prior to mailing. Works well. I put a plug on all my glocks. And by the way, to the other question from another poster....they do not give you an extra round. But you can get the plus 1 extension from Glockmeister. I just didn't like it, sticks out too far for my taste in concealment.

Oh, and Pistol...as to the function of the plus 1....I've heard to use a more powerful spring to make sure. But since the plus 1's weren't to my liking, I never use them. But they functioned fine for me for the roughly 50 rounds I shot using two of the stock springs in the plus 1's. But I believe Glockmeister also sells the more power springs.

Good luck, and hope this is helpful.

coq
05-25-2010, 17:23
Scamp, I believe what you described...the Pearce PG-360 +0 .... is exactly correct. At least that is what is on mine, says it on the bottom of the grip. And I have that exact plug. I suppose the plug is also Pearce, but don't know for sure. I bought all mine from Glockmeister...they put them together prior to mailing. Works well. I put a plug on all my glocks. And by the way, to the other question from another poster....they do not give you an extra round. But you can get the plus 1 extension from Glockmeister. I just didn't like it, sticks out too far for my taste in concealment.

Oh, and Pistol...as to the function of the plus 1....I've heard to use a more powerful spring to make sure. But since the plus 1's weren't to my liking, I never use them. But they functioned fine for me for the roughly 50 rounds I shot using two of the stock springs in the plus 1's. But I believe Glockmeister also sells the more power springs.

Good luck, and hope this is helpful.

I have that same mag extension (Pearce +0) on my carry 36...had that plug too, but I took it out because I use the +1 mag extension on my backup mags, and you can't fit the +1 extensions with the plug in. The Pearce +1 for G36 increases to 7 rounds and gives you a full size grip. Some say to use heavy aftermarket springs with the +1, but about 1000 flawless rounds with stock springs make me skeptical of that.

the perfesser
05-25-2010, 17:51
I, too, have had no function problems with my Pearce +1 extensions and stock mag springs. I do find it harder to rack the slide to chamber the first round on a fully-loaded +1 mag, but that's not a problem, because the +1 mag is carried only as a spare reload and will be loaded from slidelock anyway in an emergency.

grizz
06-06-2010, 08:39
The channel plug looks like a Scherer. I have a Pearce plug in mine, and it fits flush.

dreis454
06-06-2010, 08:49
The channel plug looks like a Scherer.

yup,same as mine:cool:

tmfisher57
06-15-2010, 16:27
Like Scamp said, I believe the extension in the pic is the Pearce +1. It comes with a butt plug. I ordered a Pearce +0 and a +1 to try them out and stuck with the +0. The +1 makes the grip as long as a G23 and I think the +1 looks like crap, so I tossed it.

the perfesser
06-16-2010, 21:50
The +1 makes the grip as long as a G23 and I think the +1 looks like crap, so I tossed it.

Gee, you could have sold it or given it to someone. I hope that the Glock-aftermarket-waste-not-want-not-gods do not become wrathful at such sacrilege.....