Range report on ProMag 12rd Saiga drum..... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Range report on ProMag 12rd Saiga drum.....

DonL
05-15-2010, 17:01
Ammo......2 3/4" Federal Premium 00 Buck

As fast as I could pull the trigger.....All 12 rounds down range without a stoppage.

The mag rocks in the magwell quite a bit. I'm sure it has something to do with making a mag that will fit all Saiga's. But, it seems excessive. If you look inside the ejection port with a loaded mag in the magwell, you can see that there is a lot of room for error with how the bolt face contacts and feeds a round from the mag. So really not a big issue and the drum worked great.

Blitzer
05-15-2010, 17:31
Typical Promag quality, for the past twenty years.

DonL
05-15-2010, 22:51
Yeah....Well,...first ProMag I ever bought. And at least it works......And it didn't fall out of the magwell.

stiletto raggio
05-16-2010, 16:35
I've actually read a lot of on these things. I would never buy one of their 20 rounders because MD drums are awesome and I believe in supporting innovators rather than knock-off artists. But they are the first to bring a mini-drum to the table, so I will probably get one just to try it out.

DonL
05-16-2010, 18:38
I've actually read a lot of on these things. I would never buy one of their 20 rounders because MD drums are awesome and I believe in supporting innovators rather than knock-off artists. But they are the first to bring a mini-drum to the table, so I will probably get one just to try it out.

I'm with you on MD drums....Have 2 and support Mike %100. His business ethics are impeccable. If Mike made the 12rder I'd buy them from him....Though it's nice to see that the competition caused a drop in price on MD drums. These ProMag 12rders are about the perfect size. The only thing that could be better is a 12rd double stack mag because of their flatness when carrying multiple mags.

stiletto raggio
05-17-2010, 15:08
Exactly right on the DS stick mags. I will get a few mini-drums in total (ProMag and Chaos, when available) but I will buy stacks of the DS magazines. After the DS mags are out, I think single stacks over five rounds will be relegated to range and "just in case" status. I may even sell them off. Who knows?